Welcome the Festivities

As the Vytal Festival Tournament approaches...

I was panting from my training and so are my teammates. We were training for 2 hours already with Lucas Carmine as our trainer. I just finished my rounds of push-up jump rope and my arms are killing me. Meanwhile, Lucas is over at the side cross-legged on the floor with closed eyes and practicing some breathing techniques. I walk over to him and he opens one eye.

L: Yes?
"I'm...done."
L: How about your teammates?

I look back and see C.C. and Faye cheering on Alexis as she does three more pull-ups and collapsing on the floor as she hit the ground.

"Done."
L: Very well. Let's move on to combat conditioning.
"Wait, combat conditioning?"
L: Yes.
"We've been working out for two hours, can't we have a break?"
A: I-*huff*-side with (Y/N).
L: Oh, right. I almost forgot. Thank you for reminding me. Come over here.

We all walk to him and he asks us to sit down and close our eyes. He then proceeded to instruct us on breathing techniques. This went on for about 25 minutes. After that, we all felt refreshed and we went on with combat conditioning.

He walked up to me and gave me two 15 kg barbells.

L: (Y/N), I'm going to kick your right leg. Whatever happens, do not drop the barbells. But I suggest that I put on some protection on you.
"Nah. I'm cool."
L: Are you sure?
"Yup."
L: (Y/N), I'm serious.
"And so am I."
L: Alright. But don't say I didn't warn you.
"Hit me with your best shot."

I put my right foot forward and he readied his kick. As he swung that left leg towards my right one, it was like a blur. Then the blur hit me and it hit so hard, I lost balance like I was swept off my feet. Literally. I hit the ground along with the barbells and I gave a loud groan.

L: Are you alright? How do you feel?
"Like I was hit in the leg by a metal rod."
L: Don't worry, that was a controlled kick.

Controlled kick? I could only imagine what an uncontrolled kick feels like. He then helps me up as I limp to pick up another barbell. I look down to where he kicked me and saw a developing bruise. I think my teammates saw it too because when I laid my eyes on them, they were grimacing.

Lucas came up to me and gave me an ice pack. He then proceeded to walk up to the girls.

L: Alright, ladies, who wants to go first?

An hour later...

For the whole hour, he spent his time teaching us takedowns, grrappling techniques, chokes, counters, weak points, and pressure points. Then the last thing he taught us was a punch to the chest.

L: You ever got punched so hard, you got the wind knocked out of you?
"No. Not yet, I guess."
L: Very good.

He then punch me square just below my chest and I literally crumpled like paper and dropped down to the floor. It felt like my lungs had stopped working. He then walked up to me and did some resuscitation techniques.

L: You're going to be fine, don't worry.
"Let me guess, it was a controlled punch?"
L: Very.

Very? A very controlled punch? Fucking hell.

L: How did it feel?
"Felt like a light breeze, Lucas."
L: Strange. It should've felt like you had paralyzed lungs. Anyways, if you have someone who knows any resuscitation technique for this hit, you will be kind of fine.
A: Question. Have you killed someone with this before?

Her question was then followed by a snicker. Lucas then turns to her and gives a cold stare. This lasted for about a few seconds which unnerved me and my teammates.