96: He Asks About Her Memories

Super duper time skip ~ The Ninja world war was over and kaguya was defeated.

Mairi : Mai.

Mai : Mairi ?

Mairi : I want to make a deal with you.

Mai: a deal ?

Mairi: I have your memories remember. Especially the ones you don't want told to kakashi.

Mai : what do you want ?

Mairi; I'll let you erase all of your memories in me. In exchange, you'll make sure I will be able to belong somewhere. Konohagakure ninja. I want that.

Mai smiled " I guess you are me. "

Mairi : what are you talking about ?

Mai : making deals. Deal.

Mairi shakes hand with Mai " I'll keep these memories for you until you make my wish come true."

Mai: you want to belong somewhere... *Smiles* want to be my twin ? I've always wanted a sibling! You could even be an Uchiha Hyuuga just like me.

Mairi: your... Twin ?

Mai ; um !! Imoto. Since I'm the earlier one obviously !

Mairi : I'm your clone. You don't find it weird ?

Mai shakes her head " what's so weird ? It's normal for people want to belong. You're like me, when I lost my parents. No where to go. Nothing to do. "
____________________________________

Kakashi: I see. If you think that's great.

Mai ; see ! Told you he'll support me. I'll just have to report to tsunade-sama about it.

____________________________________

Mairi turns around " come out. Stalking me. What's the meaning of this ? "

Kakashi: just curious about some things. I remembered you said you have Mai's memories.

Mairi : what do you want to ask ?

Kakashi: Mai Mai has a lot of secrets to which she doesn't tell me. She will never betray konoha though. But...

Mairi : but you think she lies.

Kakashi: she keeps things from me.

Mairi : what do you want to know ?

Kakashi: did itachi have feelings for her ?

Mairi : how would I know ? I only have her memories. I don't know how he feels.

Kakashi: so he never said anything... But in your opinion, did he seem like he liked her ?

Mairi ; does it matter ?

Kakashi: maybe not. Then ... Did she like him ever ?

Mairi ; I only have her memories. I don't know her feelings.

Kakashi: from the memories, did it say anything?

Mairi: this guy, Itachi. He bothers you a lot huh.

Kakashi: answer me !

Mairi ; I look like her. I'm not her. What are you getting angry at me for ?

He tries to calm down " gomen."

Mairi : she only loved you.

If anything... Itachi seemed just like a replacement of you , when she was alone those 2 years.

The memories say she was elated she could finally go home to see you.

Even the last time he and her were together... It was out of gratitude and sympathy and ...

How do I describe this...

More than friends but less than lovers.

Kakashi : I see...

Mairi : feel guilt for suspecting her ? You asked. You shoulder the consequence. See you.