18: She Met Itachi

Mai: come out. Stop hiding

Itachi walks out from the trees " Mai."

Mai ; Itachi ? Looking good in that akatsuki coat. So much more mysterious~

He cold laughed a little " as usual, you like to joke."

Mai: you came all the way here just to target me ? Where's your partner ?

Itachi: I asked for special time off from my leader to do this with you.

Mai: ah... You've already guessed. Your leader... He's ok ? With you taking a break. Doesn't he need you to do stuff ? I don't know how long I'll take.

Itachi: well, I plan to help out whenever I can.

Mai: for konoha ?

Itachi ; for you. Mai.

Mai ; aww~

Flashback~

Pein : hm ? I see. To help out a friend who's turning into a rogue ninja.

Itachi : hai. I will still be here. Just away sometimes to help her.

Pein ; who is she ? Maybe we could recruit her.

Itachi ; she's not that capable.

Pein: I see. Rare to see you actually have people you still care about.

Itachi ; she's special.

Pein : I see. I got it.

End of flashback~

Itachi: so how are you going to make contact ?

Mai ; they stole my shit. I'm going to try and get it back. And then...

Itachi: you're going to get yourself caught on purpose.

Mai : daijobu. You said you'll help right ?

Itachi : I see. I see where this is going. That is a good plan.

____________________________________

" What... Why ? ... You're with the akatsuki... ? " The man asked as his was tied in a special kind of rope made of blue fire that made his skin burn and him sweat.

Mai: Itachi huh ? You ... Ask a lot of questions but don't answer a lot of them.

Itachi : Mai. Today is your birthday right ?

Mai ; um. Why ?

He gives her a present " here. Present from me. Since no one is celebrating it with you. " She smiles " oh !! Arigatou." And she opens it up " a big teddy !! I've always wanted one this size. Arigatou! "

He laughed a little " you're like a little kid."

" Urusei. " She then looked at the guy as she hugged her new bunny teddy " I want answers. I haven't got revenge that you spiked my sleeping pills. How am I going to sleep now ? Those darn nightmares... "

Itachi: this a special teddy

Itachi: this a special teddy. It's infused with special herbs. It will help with your insomnia.

Mai: hontoni ? That's great.

Itachi ; do you want me to break him ?

Mai squats down " neh. If you don't give me the answers I want. I'll just have you suffer . I don't know if you can die of dehydration though. "

Itachi: you can.

Mai : I see~ I don't know how many days that would take though. Slowly drying... Dying ...

" They will kill me !!! "

Mai ; do I look like I care ? The Library.

" I don't know like the higher ups !! I'm just someone they paid. I'll tell you his name."

She released her blue fire rope around him and kicks his face to make him pass out.

Mai: ugh... Tracking people... I don't like this aspect.

Itachi: except you're pretty good at it.

Mai : the teddy smells nice. I feel sleepy already... Arigatou for this teddy.

Itachi; no need. I'll be leaving then.