2: The Position of Mai

* Knock knock *

Kakashi opens up the door " sensei "

Minato: yo. I've got a favour.

Kakashi sees Mai beside minato " what ? It's late at night ."

Minato: I know. I just came back. That's why I need this favour. Could Mai stay with you for a while ?

Kakashi: why me ? Couldn't she stay with you ?

Minato: no... There's a little problems with that.

Kakashi sighs " alright. "

Minato: great ! Arigatou ! Mai. This is kakashi. My student. He will take care of you for the time being. I promise to help you get a place of your own. Ok ?

She nods " ok. "

Minato: alright ! See you tomorrow !
.
.
.
Kakashi: I'll take the couch. You can take the bed.

Mai ; no... It's ok. I can take the couch. It's your house after all. Actually... It's better if I just take the floor. Do you have a blanket I can borrow ?

Kakashi scratches his back head " I'll go find one. "

____________________________________

Hiruzen: what ? Really ?

Minato nods " I even fought with her. I'm sure about it. One sharingan and one byakugan."

Hiruzen : what are you going to do with her ?

Minato ; she's Renei and Kairo's child. I want to help them protect her from ever getting treated like a tool again.

Hiruzen: I see... The two of them... I remembered they come to me specially just to tell me they're leaving. It was a pity they had to leave... But I know they had to.

____________________________________

Kakashi returns back home .

Mai : okaeri.

Kakashi: oh... Tadaima.

Kakashi looks on the pot on the table " you cooked ? "

Mai : I have to eat.

Kakashi: arigatou.

Mai : no. It's fine. I used to always cook at the hideout. How's the onigiri I packed ?

Kakashi ; it was yummy. Arigatou.

Mai set the bowls of rice on the table.

Kakashi: that's right, my sensei asked us to go meet him later.

Mai : hai.

____________________________________

Minato: hey ! Mai. How is it ? These few days with kakashi ?

Mai: arigatou for the money. I managed to buy a lot of things.

Kakashi sighed " hurry up and get her a place already. Her things are so much she can fill a cabinet of it already."

Mai: hehe. There's so many things to buy and I don't ever have to steal. So I couldn't help it...

Minato: I'm glad you're happy here.

Mai : I'm glad I came.

Hiruzen ruffles with her hair. She smiled a little " you... Are ... ? "

Kakashi: that's the sandaime. I showed you the stone faces didn't I ?

Mai : oh... Don't look like.

Hiruzen : look older ?

She kept quiet.

He laughed " it's ok. I know. Could I see under your eye patch ? " She looks to minato. Minato nods. She pulls up her eyepatch to reveal her byakugan.

Hiruzen ; I see. Arigatou.

She puts it back.

Kakashi: ooi. Is that...

Minato: hai. And I would like you to keep that a secret.

Kakashi: hai.

Minato: I've already arranged a new place for you. Mai. You can move over later.

Mai: arigatou. Uhno... Can I help out ? Like become a ninja ? I can earn more money by my own and won't have to rely on you.

Minato: that's very nice of you. Not yet. I still have some things to arrange .

Mai: ok...

____________________________________

Minato invites the head of the two clans to his office to talk. He provides a photo of Mai without her eye patch.

Uchiha : I didn't think that could even happen ?

Hyuuga : true. I would have thought the child would just have either pair of eyes.

Uchiha ; you called us here not just to notify us right? Yondaime.

Minato laughed a little " straight to the point huh. Hai. I would like both of you to lay off your hands on her "

Hyuuga : you think we would fight over her ?

Minato ; it's hard to say. Seeing her potentials.

Uchiha : true. I promise we won't. The Uchihas are police. We maintain peace instead of creating trouble.

Hyuuga: fine. We will not disturb her.

Minato: this would mean she does not belong to either clan. She will just be like another ninja who lost her parents.

Uchiha : I understand

Hyuuga : me too.

Minato: that being said... I think someone can teach Mai to further her skills. I already have someone in mind , each from your own clan. Is that ok ?

Uchiha : fine with me.

Hyuuga : me too.

Minato: good. I've settled for these two.

*Shows photos*

Uchiha : you're going to send her into anbu ?

Hyuuga : sounds like a good choice. Her real identity doesn't have to be revealed. It will protect her .

Minato smiled " I'm glad you two are so cooperative on this. "

Uchiha: although Renei left the war, she left for an important reason. She remains the most manipulative , craftiest person I know.

Minato : even than the Nara's ?

Uchiha: they are really smart , even smarter than Renei. But we know the difference, don't we ?

Minato: true.

Hyuuga: and our kind Kairo fell for her.

Uchiha Hyuuga Maiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें