10: They Spoil Her

Inoichi: He purposely encouraged the revenge in a particular group of flower ninjas who he knew would want revenge on that day's incident.

Minato: and covered it up as a ruse that it was Hyuuga who attacked Dan.

Inoichi: exactly.

Mai clenches her fist " I knew it. It's danzou. That old bastard... "

Minato: thanks a lot. Inoichi-san.

Inoichi: no. Anything for the yondaime.

Minato: as for you. I told you to hide them. Now half of anbu knows about your secret.

Mai: gomen... I just was too angry... I couldn't let them take the information away again...

Minato sighed " I knew someday it would come out. I thought maybe I could like use it as an ace card to reveal it. Oh well... What's done is done."

Mai: gomenasai.

Minato: you realise this means... I can actually promote you to a taichou right ?

Mai ; don't want !! I like the me now.

Minato ; I've never seen anyone reject promotion because of your kind of reason.

Mai: well... I'm the first !

Minato: you just think you can't do it ? Or you're afraid of the responsibility ?

Mai ; both... Just... Let me be ... Please ? I'll say yes when I'm ready.

Minato: fine. Only because I spoil you.

Mai ; hehe. Arigatou.
____________________________________

She knocks onto his house door and he opens up.  She enters " dinner ! " He closes the door " I heard you let your secret out. "

Mai: accident.

Kakashi: right. More like impulse.

Mai : I'm not like you. So rational. I need to know why Dan died.

Kakashi: sensei promoted you ?

Mai shakes her head " why ? That eager to kick me off the squad ? "

Kakashi puts the bowl of rice down " I'll be sad if you leave the squad. "

Mai; hontoni ?

Kakashi: hontoni.

Mai opens the pot " stew again huh..."

Kakashi : don't be picky. I cooked.

Mai ; and you're always picky when I cook. No fair.

Kakashi: I got the hazelnut ice cream though...

Her eyes sparkled " I thought you said you didn't have time ?! "

Kakashi: there's one tub in your fridge too.

" You're the best !! " She kisses him on the cheek happily. " Ice cream ~ ice cream~ hazelnut ice cream~ " she sings.

____________________________________