79: Itachi's Death, Konohagakure Attacked

The news of jiraiya's death reaches konoha.

* Knock knock *

Mai opens up " ... Naruto. "

Naruto : tsunade-sama said you were there when it happened. And then ... You escaped.

Mai : he said I've to escape no matter what. Then we wouldn't win anyway just with the two of us. One of us had to live. Bring back what we found.

Naruto : did ero-sennin... Leave anything for me ?

Mai sighs and goes to the kitchen. She takes out a can of drink and throws it to him and he catches it .

Mai : he said I would know what to say if you asked.

Naruto ; I see.

Mai : jiraiya-sama... Hentai-san... Went to do something for the village. We knew we would die for it. But he chose himself to die. So... For him, be sad for only a while. You must be the shinobi he hoped you to be.

Naruto ; Mai sensei...

Her tears fell " damn it... That Baka... That Baka hentai-san!! I told him to run with me !! " She dries her tears " gomen. Let you see me like that. "

Naruto: no... I understand...

She forces a smile " want to stay for dinner ? "

Naruto ; no... It's fine.

Mai: ok.
____________________________________

Naruto goes to the kuchiyose world to train the sage mode.

Tsunade: you've been doing well in anbu. But your taichou recently has been talking about how you should be trained to become a taichou

Tsubaki: I don't understand.

Tsunade: I'm transferring you out back to team 11 . Put you in charge of the team of missions. If you do well, I'll even raise you to be jounin. Of course... You'll have to work hard to qualify to become one.

Tsubaki: hai. Arigatou for giving me the chance.

Tsunade : no need. You deserve the chance.
____________________________________

Tenzo: Mai senpai. You're leaving the village ?

Mai : um. Another one died... Have to go take a look.

Tenzo : another one ? Do you even have permission to leave the village ?

Mai : um. I said someone very close to me died. I need to go see. Non mission related.

Tenzo : I see. Be careful.

Mai: um.
____________________________________

Itachi died by sasuke's hands , after killing the orochimaru in sasuke and giving his skills to sasuke after.

Obito / Tobi : well. Since you gave everything to your ototo. You don't mind giving him your eyes too . Do you ?

He feels that someone had approached close " who is that ?" He turns around " it's you. Mai. The special Uchiha Hyuuga Mai. Or should I call you Hatake Mai now ? Since you're married to one. "

Mai : you killed him ?

Tobi ; sasuke did . He even lost his eyes because of it.

Mai : I see. And Tobi is revealing his colours. Until now, I still am not sure who you are.

Tobi: compliment ? Arigatou.

Mai : I came to collect his corpse. Help bury it.

Tobi: I know. You must know since you were there that night. You helped kill the clan members. Why not you come with me ?

Mai : why should I ?

Tobi : because sasuke would have questions. You worked with Itachi. He would want to know what you knew. Isn't it your responsibility to answer now that he's dead ?

Mai ; ..... For Itachi huh ? I don't know if he wants sasuke to know though.

Tobi: of course he would. Sasuke is his ototo. Sasuke would never have to misunderstood Itachi again .

Mai : that is, if you actually manage to find sasuke. Who knows where he disappeared to after he killed his own nii-san.

Tobi : you'll come if I find him ?

Mai : .... Fine.

Tobi ; I need the body. The eyes actually for sasuke. I don't want that brat to be angry at me for gouging his nii-san's eyes.

Mai : fine.

____________________________________

After Itachi's death , Pain attacks the village...

Pain Vs Naruto

Naruto finds nagato and convinces him that what he do is wrong. Nagato gets convinced and uses rinnegan to revive everyone back to life.