42: Neji Vs Naruto

Tenzo: I was surprised when sandaime told me you were going to be under me.

Mai: I quit as sensei. Gomen Roku.

Roku ; I don't blame you. She signed her death waiver.

Mai: Roku...

Tenzo: you should really be taichou.

Mai : mmm... I requested not to. You're the taichou of this team for so long already. I shouldn't disturb that.

Tenzo : what are you talking about? You were taichou of us too.

Eri : exactly. Baka. Welcome back.

Mai: I need stuff off my plate...

Jelian : welcome back !

Bairin : how's it feel, becoming back an anbu.

Mai ; back in the shadows. Kind of ... Comforting. Hehe.

Roku: well... Great to hear that. But I think you don't fit here. There are some brats who want to hear what you want to say.

Mai: you didn't...

Roku ; they're waiting in the park. They probably won't leave until you come.

Mai sighed " I'm not going. They can wait as long as they want ." And she leaves.

Roku : Mai !!
____________________________________

Everyone watches the final matches at the stadium.

Neji Vs Naruto

Mai : yondaime would be happy nah.

Kakashi: he would.

Mai: ah... I'm leaving now.

He sees her students walking towards her. Mai body flickers. The three runs towards kakashi.

Tsubaki: sensei...

Netsu : tsk. Did she have to hurry to slack so fast ?

Rona elbows him " avoid !! Sensei isn't going to slack !! "

Kakashi: I know you guys like her and want her as your sensei. But she has issues that she doesn't want to involve you guys in.

Netsu : she must handle these ... Issues herself ?

Kakashi: ah. It's important to her that she does.

" Hmph. Who needs her. " And Netsu leaves.

Rona : Netsu !!

Tsubaki sighs " sensei really... Quit on us ? "

Kakashi: that's what she says. But I'm sure she's still concerned about you guys. It's just...

Tsubaki: she has these issues...

Rona : we know. Let's go Tsubaki.

Tsubaki: I'll go see neji.

Gai: that kid. Yuu. Anbu took him in ?

Kakashi: um. We announced that he got his qualifications cancelled for trying to fight unfairly on ambushing the entire team. Because of that, his team got disqualified too.

Gai ; so that's why Mai went back into anbu.

Kakashi : um.
____________________________________

Hiashi Hyuuga tells neji the truth about his father. Of what really happened that day. Why his father had died.

Hyuga Affair:  Hiashi killed the Head Ninja of Kumogakure to save Hinata. Kumogakure demanded Hiashi's body as restitution; in reality, they wanted to obtain the secrets of the Byakugan.

The Hyūga elders and Konoha's leadership however proposed that Hizashi be used instead; as Hiashi's body double. In addition to protecting Hiashi, doing so would keep the Byakugan's secrets from being discovered. Therefore Hizashi agreed with the plan. When Hiashi tried to refuse by trying to find a peaceful way to handle the issue, Hizashi disabled him with a single blow. He then explained that he was not doing this to preserve the Hyuga's structure, but to save the life of his older brother, including to prevent war, and lastly to save the village and to choose his own fate for the first time in his life. He admitted to Hiashi that he has shown Neji his bitterness side in life, and regrets it. Before going to his death, Hizashi asked Hiashi to tell Neji his reason for doing this. His dead body was cover under a blanket soon afterwards.

Tsubaki enters " daijobu ? "

Neji ; ah. I'm fine. Thanks for coming.

Hiashi: I'll leave you two to it.

Hinata: rest well. Neji . I'll go too...

Tsubaki: big truth huh ?

Neji ; you heard everything ?

Tsubaki: a bit hard not to. I was waiting outside. Didn't want to disturb.

Neji ; well... That was shameful... You saw me defeated.

She laughed a little " nah. No one's perfect. I got defeated too."

Neji : yours... Was a different reason.

Tsubaki: well. I just came to see if you sunk to the bottom. Looks like you deal just fine. The proud neji is still the proud neji.

Neji ; I guess...