49: My Turn To Ask The Question

She wakes up and sees that the curtains were drawn " ... Hospital ? "

He puts down the book " Mai Mai. How are you ?"

Mai : ... Um. I feel fine.

He kisses her cheek " I was so worried about you. They said you were in a very serious condition. "

Mai : ... Everything is over... Do you think I'm dumb ? Holding onto a scroll... That creates so many problems. I could have just burned it.

He sits onto her bed and cups her head, pushing her in for an embrace " it was the last thing your parents gave you. You wanted to protect that. Not the secret. Right ? " Her tears fell and she starts to cry, she squeezes him " I thought no one would die this time ."

" Mai..." He squeezes her " gomen. "

____________________________________

Jiraiya: how are you feeling ?

Mai : Arigatou . For coming to my help.

Jiraiya: no need. We're drinking pals. So ? How's Kiki and Nono ?

She smiled brightly " they have so many baby rabbits !! Kawaii desu !! " Then she sweatdrops " I don't know what to do with them... Sell it ? Give away ? "

He laughed " I'm glad it's you again. That ... Girl... " He trails off.

Mai : what about her ?

Jiraiya: she was cold and serious. Really unlike you.

Mai : hehe. Miss me neh ~

Jiraiya; we should go drinking again some time.

Mai : of course! Of course ! Oh !! Let's go to Jiro's !! I want to eat their gyoza !!

Jiraiya: oh !! It's a pact.

Mai : though... Do you even have time ? Future Hokage.

Jiraiya: no no. I have someone better for this. You and I are the same type of person. We are not suited for these kinds of things. Neh ~

Mai : dayo neh~

____________________________________

Kakashi opens the door and enters first " okaeri. " She follows in next "  tadaima ! Hehe."

Kakashi: well. Since you just left the hospital, I'll make dinner this time.

She held onto his sleeve to stop him from walking away. He turns around " Mai ? "

Mai: I know... You've waited very long for this... *Blushes* asked me so many times... So... I thought it's only fair ... I ask...

Kakashi: Mai Mai ?

She looks up into his eye, pulled up his head band , and took of her eye bandage patch so that she could look into both of his eyes with her own two eyes " boku ni kekonshite kudasai. "

Kakashi: Mai Mai...

" Is my byakugan too weird to look at ... ? " She tries to put back her eye bandage patch. " Cos you haven't seen it in a while... "

He hugs her in " hai ! Hai !!! " he pulls down his mask immediately and kisses her on the lips, slipping his tongue in. To which this heated exchange only lasted for a quick while. He couldn't hide his happiness . He cupped her cheek " you don't have to hide anything from me. If anything, I have a weird sharingan too. "

Mai : don't... Spread it ...

Kakashi: shy shy. Alright then.