14: Insecure

He takes the scroll from her " arigatou!"

Mai ; no need. I've also made a copy and passed it to sandaime as usual. I'm going off then.

He wraps his arms around her as she turned around and leave. He pulls her in " going so fast ? ~ How about tonight's dinner ?~ "

Mai : oh... Eat it with tenzo if he comes over. I'm going home.

He squeezes her in " what's wrong ? Mai Mai. "

Mai ; nothing.

Kakashi: are you really angry at me for bullying you?

She takes his hands off her " just... Tired. Oyasumi." And she leaves through the door.
( Good night )

Kakashi: Mai Mai...
____________________________________

Renei : Mai Mai !!! Run !!! Run !!!

Mai : mama !! I want to go with mama !!!

Kairo hugs his daughter " it's ok. Mai Mai will be fine. "

Mai ; how about mama and papa ?

" We will chase up ok ? Promise." Her father strokes her hair. The little girl's tears fell " why can't we go together?"

Her mother kisses her in the hair " because we love Mai Mai ok. Now, go."

" No... No... No !!!! " And she jerks waking up. She sweats and pants for breath.
____________________________________

Hiruzen : Mai. I'm sure you've heard what happened. The massacre.

Mai nods " I have information. About what really happened. Shisui died to pass me that. I also... Buried his body."

Hiruzen : I see.

Mai : I have found proper arrangements for sasuke as you requested.

Hiruzen ; how about you introduce him to this new home you arranged him ?

Mai : I... I can't. I knew his family was going to die yet I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't tell him. I can't even bring him to run.

Hiruzen: because danzou would get suspicious ?

Mai : he's overly suspicious about everything.

Hiruzen laughs a little " your mother used to say that. Though, I would tell her, so are you about danzou. Just like you. "

Mai : but I'm right everytime.

Hiruzen laughs again " she said that too."

Mai: sandaime....

Hiruzen ; hai?

Mai: revenge... Is revenge good ?

Hiruzen; I don't know what you're referring to, but I can tell you it doesn't really end if you don't let it.

Mai: I see...

Hiruzen: If this is about Dan, I want you to remember. You're anbu now. Your duty is to protect this village. Not create trouble for it.

Mai : hai.
____________________________________

Tenzo : Mai senpai !

She turned around and in that one instant, he saw her cold eyes directed at him. Almost as if like he awakened something he shouldn't. It send chills down his spine.