62: Reinforcements Came

Mai : there are 4 corpses. Let's all split up and open up their graves. Get a sample of the poison and get it analysed.

" I understand. " They all say in unison.

Mai: wood

Tenzo : what is it ?

Mai : who was the one who reported the leak ?

Tenzo : Xander. We've checked him out . He's our people.

Mai : how did he find out ?

Tenzo : his squad got ambushed and they asked about more information of the scroll.

Ten ten: what is, in the scroll ?

Tenzo : a location of a treasure. Seems to be hidden somewhere in konoha.

Mai : hm ~  Ten ten. Do me a favour. You need to run to a few places for me. Well, that's all for now, disperse.
____________________________________

Ten ten stood outside the yellow barriers " uhno. Aikatsu-san. "

Aikatsu: which are you ?

Ten ten : I'm with Blue Cat. We came just now. She asks me to ask you , if you knew anything about the details of the scroll.

Aikatsu: no. I've never opened it. I was lucky to get off the hook without punishment for coming back to the village after losing the scroll.

Ten ten : I see. Arigatou.
____________________________________

Shikaku: who is that ?

Ten ten : me. Blue cat sent me.

Shikaku: Mai huh ? It's ok. You can call her Mai in front of me. I don't seem to know you. A new member on the squad ?

Ten ten ; hai...

Shikaku: she must have just taken whoever she likes again. What is it ?

Ten ten : it's about the missing scroll. Mai... san wants to know if you know the details of it.

Can't call her sensei. It would totally expose my identity.

Shikaku: hmm... Well I know the gist of it. Not the real location of the treasure if that's what's she's asking about. But... I do have information about what those ambushed ninjas asked about of our anbu.

Ten ten ; you do ?

Shikaku: hai. They're from the village of the Snow. They asked about Haragi Mountain. Though... It doesn't seem like there could be anything hidden there.

Ten ten ; you have a sent a squad there to look as well ?

Shikaku: hai. There's nothing there. Then again... That place is kind of big, maybe we missed something.

Ten ten ; can I ask you a question ? Shikaku-san.

Shikaku : hai ?

Ten ten : if it's just a treasure ? Why is anbu involved in this ? Is it that important ? The treasure.

Shikaku laughed a little " of course not. Sure, the money would be good for konoha. But the question remains is that did anyone betray konoha ? How did the scroll end up in their hands ? "

Ten ten : I see... I'll report back to mai-san.

*Body flickers*
____________________________________

Everyone assembles back in the forest.

Mai : deh ?

Bairin ; it's a lethal poison. Not the kind where you feed one and wait till it triggers overtime.

Roku ; same.

Jelian ; same !!

Eri ; same ~

Tenzo ; the snow ninjas. They're there. I confirmed it. And... There's also another with them that doesn't seem to be with them.

Bairin: what do you mean ? Not a snow ninja ?

Tenzo ; he wasn't wearing a snow mask like the others.

Mai: all thanks to you nah , ten ten . We get to solve this !!

Ten ten blushed a little " I thought we agreed to call me... Rabbit ? !!"

Everyone laughed.

Eri : she called you ten ten the first time she introduced you. No way we are forgetting that.

Tenzo ; what do we do now ?

Mai : ah... Not enough people. Ten ten. Do me one last favour. I need you to go back and tell tsunade-sama we need reinforcements. Send them to the Hikari house.

Ten ten ; eh ? Why ?

Mai ; hehe. Just trust me.

" hai !!" And she does off.

Roku ; how about us ?

Jelian ; we obviously take the treasure !!

Bairin hits her head " that's konoha property !! "

Jelian : can't I even think about it ?!!

Bairin ; no.

Roku ; kill all ?

Tenzo ; no. Live capture. Desho ? Taichou.

Mai smiled " hehe. Let's go fishing. Taichou. " She teased tenzo.
____________________________________

" We have received information that you have the scroll. Surrender. " The Foundation anbu said.

Aikatsu: surrender to die ?!!

" Then you force us with no choice " the squad attacks with various elemental jutsu. The barrier starts to break and a hole opens up. They charge into the house.

One of them shoots lightning bolts into Aikatsu's direction. Aikatsu dodges.  Netsu runs in " father ?!! What's going... " A stray lightning bolt flies into Netsu's direction.

" No !! " ten ten body flickers in front of him.

Netsu: ten ten !!

The lightning bolt disappears with a kamui. The Foundation anbu turns around " Hatake kakashi. "

Kakashi: yo. Mai's request. I came her as fast as I could. Couldn't disappoint my wife.

The rest of the anbu appears behind kakashi.

Kakashi: daijobu ? Ten ten

Ten ten ; hai !!

Netsu : ten ten ?

She takes off her mask " heh... Hello."

" What is the meaning of this ? He's the traitor. We've received information that he has the missing scroll. "

Kakashi: maaa... Calm down. I'm sure Mai will be able to give your boss a satisfactory answer.

An anbu body flickers to in front of kakashi " found the missing scroll." He passes it to kakashi.

" See. "

Kakashi: I said calm down already. Let's all settle this at the Hokage office. I'm sure danzou is already there too.

" Fine. "

Kakashi : ten ten . You're kind of involved. You have to come too.

Ten ten ; hai.