89: A Clone More Ruthless Than Me

Kakashi: how is it ?

Mai puts on the bandage eye patch .

Sakura ; well, now Mai sensei needs the eye patch for real.

Kakashi: how about her eyeball ? Is she...

Sakura : nope. She closed her eyes. So it didn't get it somehow. Just her eyelid. But I'm not sure if she can use her byakugan though. It can look through stuff right ?

Mai : want me to try ?

Kakashi : try it.

She activates her byakugan and blood flows down. She immediately deactivates it " ouch... "

Kakashi: just don't use it.

Mai : I can use it to see things. Just... The flames burnt my flesh. It hurts when I activate my byakugan.

Kakashi: it's fine. You don't rely on it much anyway.

Mai : but it's the only thing that differentiates me from... Her.

He strokes her hair " how about her other injuries ? " He looks to the bandaged parts the flames burnt her as it wrapped her then.

Sakura : she'll be fine. Mai sensei just needs rest. She did lose a lot of blood from the burns . Especially the eye. Which is weird according to shizune-san.

Kakashi: weird ?

Sakura: the ones Mai sensei hurt by her dark blue flames didn't bleed that much. It was more like encrusted skin and the flesh leftover that weren't burnt bleeding. Hence little blood.

Mai : she wants to burn all the flesh. Any remaining flesh. Her ones eat through the cracked flesh.

Sakura: isn't that super painful ?!

Mai sighs " more ruthless than me." And she lies down on the bed.

Sakura : well, I'll leave you two. Hehe.

He watches sakura as she leaves the tent. He then pulls down his mask and kisses her forehead " you scared me. "

Mai : maa... maybe you shouldn't be so close to me. They might think you're bias because I'm your wife.

He pulls his mask back up " you are my wife. "

Mai : kakashi !

Kakashi: don't worry about it already. I'll find out what's going on.
____________________________________

" Aaaahhh !!! " She burns herself.

White zetsu : is this even necessary ?

" Of course it is. Baka. "

____________________________________

Kakashi summons his kuchiyoses.

Pakkun: yo !

Kakashi: I need you guys to find Mai. Her imposter to be accurate.

Pakkun ; how can we find an imposter ? I'm a dog. We rely on smell.

Kakashi; that's the thing. The imposter smells exactly like her. Rather then say imposter, clone is a better word to use.

Pakkun : I see. Find another smell that's not in the tent huh ? A bit challenging if this clone is nearby.

Kakashi: can you do it ?

Pakkun: of course. Mai. She'll be here the whole time ?

Kakashi: ah. That's why I called you guys. It's the perfect time to find this clone.

Pakkun : I see. Got it. Scatter !!