22:FURTIVE

JESSICA

I found Christy sitting on my bed.

"Are you done?"

"Yes," I said,hurrying to belly flop onto my bed. After this long day,these sheets were exactly what I needed. They're so comfy. What were they made of?

"So,what are you wearing?" She asked,lying beside me.

"Uhm,about that-"

"Oh,tell me you haven't changed your mind!" She cried.

"Thing is, I don't want to upset your uncle any further. He just found me talking with Daniel and he didn't like it. I think i should take a little step back from you guys if I still want to work here."

"You and Daniel, were you only just talking?," she pinned her elbows on the bed and rested her chin in her hands,her eyes narrowed at me.

"What are you saying?" I glared at her.

"Nothing, anyways, my uncle won't be mad. I've already asked him and he agreed. I told him we were only going to get some kitchen things and he's not really much interested in that department, he didn't ask me a bunch of questions,so we're safe, now you get your ass in the shower," she pulled me out of bed and into the shower.

"I'm not wearing those," I stared incredulously at the denim minnie skirt and a crop top I found on my bed as soon as I stepped out of the shower.

"Please," she made a puppy face.

"Not gonna work this time girl,you begged me to come with you and now that I've agreed, you want me to wear this. I'll be as good as naked."

"Okay,I'll let you get away this time."

I slipped into my black leggings and an oversized yellow hoodie that instantly warmed me up. I gladly accepted the cologne that filled my nostrils, it was a huge comfort.

"Okay, I'm ready."

I watched as she ran her eyes from the tip of my bun to my black Nike's.

"Alright. Let's go."

Christy said, taking my hand in hers and off we went.

IT HAD BEEN exactly an hour since we arrived but hadn't purchased a single thing.

"Oh,look at that!"

She gushed at a black leather high slit open skirt.

"It would fit you perfectly, imagine it with a white t-shirt."

"No,it's too revealing."

"That dungaree is definitely for you. Oh and that black dress would hug your sexy body perfectly."

Does she listen?

I watched as her eyes fell upon several clothes all at once.

"Oh,there's that t-shirt. You know, the one thing I love most about this basic thing is that it goes with anything. Everyone needs it in their wardrobe,it saves any boring outfit."

"I like this one," I took a washed blue knee ripped jean off its hanger.

"Oh,yes. That is absolutely gorgeous. You'll need a green shirt for that."

It was another long hour of this before I decided to take all twelve outfits and I was now resting my tired butt on the comfortable round chair before the fitting room, watching her as she modeled her outfits for me.

"So what do you think of this one?"
She pushed the curtain aside to show me her ninth,what?no,eleventh outfit."

"Put some clothes on,please! You do look beautiful but all these look like lingerie to me."