40:INCUBUS

JESSICA

"America, wake up." Christy says to me.

"Argh,just five more minutes," I say as I roll to the side.

"But you've been saying that for the past ten minutes.

"Don't make you force you," she warns.

"Argh,you're so annoying."I snap my eyes open,not wanting her to splash water on my face.

"What day is it?" I ask as I say I sit up straighter.

"Are you kidding me? It's Thursday the 22nd,your weddin?"

"My wedding? I'm getting married?"

"How much did you drink last night?" She says chuckling.

"Arh,what the fuck are you talking about, I don't drink!"

"Hahaha,I love when you're like this but come on," she says as she drags me out of bed and into the shower.

There's a knock on the door.

"You shower,I'll go get that."

I have just undressed with i hear the voice I would recognize anywhere.

I grab a towel and wrap it around my body and walk back into the room and here she is in a full...

"I'm sorry, ma'am but you're gonna have to wait in the reception like everyone else." Christy say.

"Oh,hey,Mrs Andersen says she's just here to congratulate you, I'm telling her that she can't just-"

Mrs Andersen? That's my mom!

"Mom?" I manage to say.

She looks at me as if she can't recognize me.

"Oh,miss Black," she

"Christy can you please give us a second?" She leaves right after that.

I rushed to hug her.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were gone. Where's dad,are you okay. Why did she call you Mrs Andersen?Where have you been all this ti-"

"America, just stop,will you?"

"First of all,I am not your mother. To you,I'm dead. You are not my Jessy and you thought you had killed me,hadn't you? You must be so disappointed, I serve the living God."

"What?"

"Yes,you heard right. I'm just here to congratulate you on your union with that bloodsucking creature,you've chosen them over us,again."

"What do you mean mom? I never chose them over you." I cried.

"Yes you did,damnit. You are damn cruel,Jessica. What kind of daughter are you? What kind of daughter sells her parents to monsters?"

"Mom,please, forgive me,please."

"Stop calling me mom. I am not your mother! You are just a painful reminder of my shameful past,I never should've left Jason's father,I should've given you up for adoption. In fact,I should've aborted you because you are a danger to this world."

With that she walks to the door.

"Wait,please."I say as ran after her like a lost puppy with tears pouring out of my eyes.

"I don't want to hear anything from your poisonous mouth. You are dead to me,Jessica." She says before shutting the door on my face.

"No,I'm sorry,mom. Please,come back!"

I snapped my eyes open when I felt his arms around me.

"Shh,it's okay,"he said softly.

As much as I loved his arms around me,I couldn't allow it. Not after that dream and certainly not after finding out that he had just used me to irritate his vampire uncle.

"I need some water," I said,getting up and leaving him alone on the sofa.

"What is it?"he asked,hot on my heels to the kitchen.

"Just a bad dream,nothing serious,"I lied as I drank water.

"I can see it's more than that,Jessica?"

"Well,since you know more than I do,why don't you figure it out yourself?" My tongue really got disrespectful and rude when I was angry.

"You know,I'm not a seer,I can't read your mind and you're not a kid anymore,I can't force you to talk."

"Oh,he finally sees me as a grown up now."

"Well,now that you do,why don't you treat me like one?"

"What do you mean?"he asked.

"You kissed me,Daniel. You didn't care how I felt,you didn't ask me whether I wanted you to kiss me because all you wanted to do was to rebel against your uncle."

"Oh,so that's what this is about huh?" He nodded.

"Yes,it is."

"You make it sound like I forced you,you could've pulled out and you know why I had to do it. If we're going to beat Victor,we have to make him believe we're madly in love." He explained.

"It's just a kiss,no big deal." He actually believed his words.

"No big deal? Well,it is to me! That was my first kiss,you should've asked me first."

I'm not denying that I did enjoy the kiss and I reacted the way I reacted but that didn't change the fact that he knew it was just an act and I thought it was real.

"Oh,well, I'm sorry it wasn't as romantic as you had dreamt it to be. It was nothing like you'd read in novels. I'm sorry it was fake but I'm not sorry that I kissed you,I don't regret it one bit."

"I'll take the couch,I've prepared the bedroom for you." With that,he climbed up the stairs outside.

How could tell this vampire that I was madly and head over heels in love with him?

_

Have you ever had a crush?

Don't forget to VOTE

Love,
Ndindi