8:BLOODTHIRST

JESSICA

Couldn't somebody wake me from this terrible nightmare? I didn't want to believe what was happening right before me, Liam was not moving.

Werewolves were much more physically stronger than vampires as I had been told but it only took this particular vampire a few seconds to weaken him and that scared me.

I had to try before it was too late. I would never forgive myself if he died because of me knowing that there was something I could've done to prevent it. It was me they wanted, I couldn't bear Liam having to go through all this because of me. The universe had just reunited Marcus with his son, I couldn't take him away from him.

I was surprised my knees hadn't buckled.

"Leave him alone,"I said, moving closer to them. Liam still hadn't moved. Brian didn't seem to be paying any attention to me but watched Liam's body suspiciously as if he believed he was faking it.

"Take me, he's not the one you want"

"Shut up little human,"he ordered.

"I had expected you to be a little bit more courageous. You're such a weakling boy,"he said to unconscious Liam.

"Marcus' always thought he's the smartest. I should kill you, he should feel what he put me through"

"What did he do to you?"

He laughed bitterly like a mad man,"he killed me"

He nodded his head repeatedly as if he'd just realized something salient.
"That's exactly what I'm about to do to him"

His eyes darkened and I knew he was on murder mode.

I didn't know how it escaped my lips but "please" I pleaded.

A great force pushed me back. The last thing I saw was pitch black.
*************
It took me a few minutes if not hours to regain my consciousness. I reluctantly opened my heavy eyes and scanned the room wearily.

There was nothing, no one, just me. That was a relief until I realized what that could mean. Something bad had happened to Liam. What if that maniac had killed him and was now disposing of his body.

I had to get back to Marcus before they came back for me.

I'd hit the wall with my head so bad that I thought I'd heard my skull crack before passing out. I squeezed my eyes shut to block out said thought.

The back of my head felt wet. Something oozed from there. The smell of my own blood suddenly filled my nostrils. Crap, I couldn't be bleeding. My blood would draw in attention from any vampire that had accompanied Brian.

They were going to feast on me. I knew a very few things about them and that they couldn't resist blood was one of them. It was like water to them, they couldn't live without it and I had just offered it to them.

What if they were thirsty? Would they fight the urge to quench their thirst even if their throats burned? Would I if it were me? Would I bear the pain? Would I bear burning like I was inhaling flames? No. Those bloodsuckers weren't going to put themselves through so much pain only to spare the life of another mere human.

When I heard hurried steps approaching, I knew it was too late. This was it. They were going to suck the life out of me.

"Jess?"I thought the voice was familiar but I couldn't put much trust on my ears after I'd hit the wall that hard. So I kept holding my breath in. Perhaps they would leave me alone if I played dead. Which vampire would drink from prey they hadn't killed? As soulless murderers, they probably preferred having their victims pleading and begging to spare them, now it wouldn't be as fun for them.

"Jess, can you hear me?"He asked, crouching next to me and though there was still a strong smell of blood, his cologne wasn't overpowered and without a doubt I knew it was him, Brian would've gone straight for my neck already.

"Brian wouldn't buy this, even I'm starting to see you're faking it,"he chuckled, I'd gotten so used to that chuckle that I didn't need any more confirmation.

I threw my arms around his neck instantly. He responded but quickly broke the hug. He looked worried when he cupped my face.

"Listen, we need to get help. You're bleeding."

I'd completely forgotten about that.

"We'll go but first explain what happened with the vampires?"

I couldn't believe he was the last man standing. Not that I doubted his ability to fight but Brian looked scary, undefeatable. He looked even scarier than his psychotic companion, Vincent.

He grinned,"You won't believe it"

"Come on, I need to know how the hell we're still alive. I really thought we were going to die,"I said as my butt swept off the floor. He scooped me in his strong arms.

"We didn't and all thanks to you,"he said as he moved effortlessly with me in his arms. God he made it seem like I didn't weigh a thing.

"How?"I laughed. I couldn't remember anything I'd done except the stupid stunt I had pulled to get Brian away from him.

"No, I won't tell you,"he said,clearly pleased with himself for keeping it from me.

"Would you reconsider if I said please?"

He pursed his lips pretending to be thinking about it,"Uhm no, if I told you, you'd do it again and I don't want you in this situation ever again"

This time he said with a little seriousness in his voice.

Learning that Marcus wasn't home was a relief. How would we explain the blood stains on our clothes?

Liam quickly got me the family doctor who'd sworn to secrecy about this to take care of my head and luckily, my cranium hadn't cracked like I had ridiculously anticipated.

Later that night, Liam and I stayed up watching movies and he finally told me that when I hit the wall, my blood distracted Brian and Liam capitalized on that. He said he was forced to transform but Brian had ran away before he could slay his body to pieces and light him.

~

What's your favorite movie?

Don't forget to VOTE

Love,
Ndindi

Angel Of Revenge जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें