52:REVELATION

JESSICA

There was just something nostalgic about finally serving your purpose. Even though you doubt yourself,you are reminded why you started.

You know that feeling when you yearn for something that no longer exists? When you miss a place that no longer exists. When you long to smell that certain smell but you're reminded that you never will because it doesn't exist anymore and it's at that realization that you become aggravated. It's at that realization that the monster within you is unleashed.

I had always called the vampires monsters but I never paid too much attention to what I was becoming. Liam was right,I was judgemental and having major lapses in judgment made me blind to the thing I was becoming. When I longed to spill blood,I knew I wasn't so different from Victor and that germinated some bravery in me to stand before him today. I laughed as I turned a red apple in my fingers.

I was glad it had stopped raining. It was scorching hot,just perfect for my soon to be victims.

"Oh,you're awake,"Liam said as he walked towards me.

"Why are you still here?" I asked. He was supposed to be with his pack.

"I'm no longer fighting," Liam tried not to meet my eyes as he sat on his porch.

"Why?" I hoped he had meant that as a joke. He was surely not that much scared,was he?

"It's nothing." He dismissed.

"Oh,come on,Liam,you can do better than that."I let him know that I didn't believe him.

I looked at him expectantly as he remained quiet for a while.

"Something bad happened last night."

"Liam,where exactly were you last night?" I asked when I couldn't shake off the feeling that someone close to me had been hurt.

"That doesn't matter. What i want to tell yo-"

"The fight was last night,wasn't it?"I raised out my suspicions.

"What?" He asked incredulously.

"Yes!how could you,Liam? Of all people, I never expected this from you!" I said as I hurled my apple at him.

"Jeez,Jess,can you just calm down,"he yelled.

"No,don't tell me to calm down. You knew how much this meant to me and still went behind my back." A tear immediately ran down my heated cheeks.

"Just hear me out!"he shouted,slapping an imaginary tape onto my mouth instantly.

"Yes,there was a fight last night.Someone tipped off the Adobes. They knew we were coming." He seemed drained.

I wasn't at all surprised by that. There were times where I just had to give the Adobes the credit. They always knew when their enemies planned to attack. That's the reason why they had survived for so long.

"And then? What happened?" I asked impatiently.

"All I know is that I lost eleven good men last night and there's no way I'm still involving myself in this,especially after what I've just found out." For a while,he seemed to slip off into his head,as if recalling a specific moment.

"Well?" I snapped him out of it.

"Do you ever wonder why the vampires chose your parents, of all humans?" He asked suddenly.

"Because of my apparent gift,I guess,"I put emphasis on the word apparent.

"Yes but there are many humans with such gifts out there,why you? Doesn't it seem suspicious?" Liam asked.

"I don't know,I've never racked my brain much about that one before but now that you mention it,it does seem off." I honestly didn't found it suspicious until now.

"Jessica,the person who tipped off the Adobes is the same person that sold you out." I wish I had missed the confidence in his tone.

"Who?" My pulse was beginning to slow down.

"Jason,"he said,sounding confident in his claims.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"I know it's hard to believe but it's true. Jason has been working with Victor for a long time."he said to me.

I shook my head as i chuckled. Jason was my brother,my brother by blood and I knew he would never do that to me,to our parents.

"That is absurd,why the hell would he do that?" I honestly could not understand why Liam would think so poorly of my brother.

"Because he's jealous and he wants revenge."

"Revenge for what? Jason is a peaceful person,he does not believe in such."I defended his name.

"He wants you to get killed,he does not love you,Jessica. When he told you about his vision,he knew you wouldn't believe it but it would eat you away because you'd think it's your fault. It's all planned.He couldn't kill you himself and so went seeking Camberley's help but she couldn't do it too. The only reason why she treated you so badly is because she couldn't kill you,she would die right after that.She didn't want to kill you because she wanted to feed but to satisfy what her heart desired.
If she did,the purity in your blood would weaken her heart much more than silver would."

"I still don't get it. Why would my own brother want me dead."

The Jason I knew wouldn't have let me risk my life like this. He would've tried stopping me from entering Victor's house. He would have done something when he foresaw Victor making me drink blood.

"Like I said,he is jealous of your capabilities and because your mom loved you." He looked straight into my eyes as he said this and I honestly couldn't spot any sign of sarcasm.

"She loved him too." I said in tumult.

"Not as much as she did you. To your mom,Jason was just a painful reminder of her past and he saw it too. He hated his father for ever leaving him. He hated his mom for never treating him as her son. He wasn't her pride,you were,instead and that made him hate you."

"Still,that doesn't stop you from going to the fight with me. This is more reason why the fight has to go on."I heaved,trying to pull myself together so I didn't break down. I couldn't, I had spent my entire life preparing to kill Victor.

"No,the fight will still go on,with or without me,"he said plainly.

"Why?" I breathed out.

"I have nothing to fight for,Jessica."

"But you do,I cannot do this without you,your father can't do this without you."

"You can do it without me,I know you can. As for my dad,I know he'll come out top, like he always does but I couldn't care less if he didn't." There was pain behind his chuckle.

"Why?" I knew Liam as the the guy who always lived on the edge. He wasn't easily scared. I couldn't understand why he wanted to back out now.

"He's been lying to me my whole life. Jason is Marcus' son. Another reason why he thought it best to tip off Victor,he wants him dead because he hates him."

~

Please let me know what you think of this chapter.

Don't forget to VOTE

Love,
Ndindi