DS9. Garak - Presents

You entered Garak's shop and looked around. "Garak?" you called out when you didn't see him.

Your boyfriend appeared from the back room, a surprised smile forming on his face as he saw you. "My dear Y/N, what are you doing here?"

You approached him, hands behind your back. "I have something for you."

"For me?" he asked. "For what occasion?"

"No occasion," you replied. "I just wanted to get you a present to show you how much I love you."

Garak smiled and cupped your cheek gently. "My dear, I already know how much you love me. I don't need a present.

You smiled and pecked his lips. "Too late, I already bought it and there's no returns."

He sighed softly. "All right, but don't start making a habit of buying me things."

"I make no promises," you said. "Hold out your hands."

Garak held his hands out and you placed a small wrapped box into them. Garak looked at it curiously then gave it a gentle shake. A small thud was heard from the present bumping against the side of the box.

"It isn't fragile," you assured him. "Go on, open it!"

He carefully unwrapped the box and put the paper onto his counter. When he opened the box, his eyes widened and he made a small gasping noise.

"Y/N," he said slowly, "wherever did you find this?"

"I have my sources," you replied with a grin.

Garak pulled out a book—a real, physical copy of a book. "This is my favourite Cardassian author. I didn't think their books were still being printed on paper. How did you get this?"

"Like I said, I have my sources. It's a new book, too. Just released earlier this year."

Garak shook his head slowly and put the box down onto the counter. He thumbed through the book, a broad smile on his face. "My dearest Y/N, you always find ways to surprise me."

You kissed his cheek. "I just wanted to get you something from your home. I thought it might make you feel a bit closer to it."

He met your gaze. "Thank you. I truly appreciate this deeply. How you obtained this will forever be a mystery to me, but I'm very grateful to have a partner as compassionate and thoughtful as you."

"And I'm grateful to have such a loving and fantastic boyfriend," you replied, giving his lips a soft kiss.

His free hand caught your waist and he pulled you in closer. He deepened the kiss, making you smile against his lips. He leaned his forehead against yours as he parted his lips.

"I love you," you murmured.

"I know," he replied softly. "I love you, as well, my dear Y/N."