Ent. Malcolm Reed - You're His Sibling

"Y/N!" Malcolm called as he jogged down the corridor to catch up with you.

You looked up from your PADD and smiled. "Hey, what's up?"

His lips pursed together. "I heard you're going on the away mission later today?"

You nodded slowly. "Yeah, the captain asked me to join him and Hoshi down on the planet. He said he thinks my specialties will come in handy."

"I should talk to the captain about coming, too," he said.

"Why?" you asked.

He shrugged, trying to seem nonchalant. "Could be dangerous down there. We've never met these people ... we don't know what they're like."

You half smiled. "Aw, is Malcolm worried about his poor little, younger sibling?"

"No," he said sternly. "It's just better to be safe than sorry. The captain shouldn't go on an away mission to an unexplored planet without a security officer. It should be standard procedure."

"You make a good point," you admitted to him. "But, T'Pol says the people there are very welcoming and kind. There's barely any violence on their world."

Malcolm didn't seem impressed with your statement. "Still, it'd be better if I came along."

You sighed. "Malcolm, I appreciate your concern, but we'll be fine. We'll all have a phaser just in case, and we'll contact the ship every half hour."

He frowned, but nodded slightly. "All right. But I want you to contact me personally, okay? If anything goes wrong down there, tell me about it."

"Yes, yes. I'll keep you updated." You pet his shoulder and gave him a smile.

His lips twitched upwards. "And if anything happens to you ..."

You waved your hand in front of his face as a laugh bubbled from your lips. "I know. The aliens will be answering to you personally."