Ent. Malcolm Reed - "You make me feel like I'm not good enough."

"I don't understand what the problem is, Y/N," Malcolm said with a frown.

You looked at him, and nearly forgot the entire issue. His expression was so innocent and confused, you couldn't help but feel guilty for being so upset. But, you reminded yourself that he needed to know what was upsetting you. "You make me feel like I'm not good enough!"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

"You just have this way with words when you speak of T'Pol. You speak of her with...almost a lust in your eyes. You even talk about your exes, for crying out loud! And not in a way most people talk about their exes. No, you talk about them like they're still amazing and that you still have feelings for them! Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?" you demanded, tears threatening to spill from your eyes. "Do you have any idea how pathetic I feel when you do stuff like that?"

"Y/N..." Malcolm licked his lips and tried to think of what to say to make the situation better. "I...I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you like this. I didn't even realize I was doing that."

You crossed your arms and looked up to the ceiling, trying to stop the tears from falling. "I just don't understand why you never talk to me or about me that way. Am I really so unimportant and boring to you? Is our relationship even worth it if you constantly think of other people?"

"I don't think of other people," he said quickly. "At least, not in the way I think about you. I... I admit that at one point I found T'Pol very attractive, but that's all. I'm very fond of her, yes, but not in that way. I just admire her wisdom and her logical attitude about everything. And as for my exes, when I talk about them I'm just remembering the friendships we had and how they made me feel, but none of them make me feel what you do. Y/N, you make me feel so alive. You make me feel so damn happy all of the time, and I don't think I could love someone more than I love you. I love you so much, Y/N."

You forced yourself to make eye contact with him. You bit down on your lip, trying to stop it from trembling. "I love you, too."

Malcolm went to you and took your hands in his. "I am so sorry, my love. I never intended to hurt you. If it'll make you feel better, I'll stop talking about my exes, and I'll try not to get too interested with T'Pol and her...Vulcan-y behaviour."

You shook your head slightly. "That's not fair to you. I'm sorry for being so irrational and upset. I understand now why you say and act the way you do. I'm sorry, I should've spoken to you about this when it first started bothering me."

He kissed your forehead gently. "It's my fault. I'm not the best with communication and relationships. I'll try to get better, though. For you."

You squeezed his hands. "I'm sorry, Malcolm. I love you so much. I shouldn't have said the things I did."

"Shh. Don't apologize, you have every right to express how you feel. It's my wrong doing, and I'll fix it, okay? I promise to never make you feel that way again."