AOS/TOS. Pavel Chekov - Moving Forward

He just kind of blurted it out while the two of you were cuddling in his bed. You stared at him, his words repeating in your mind.

"Move in with me."

You weren't sure what to say. Of course you wanted to live with Pavel, but you were also so nervous. You'd never been so close to someone, and it scared you.

"Say something," he said, your silence making him nervous.

"I... are you sure?" you asked.

Pavel smiled softy. "Of course I'm sure. I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't."

You met his gaze, searching his eyes for any signs that he might be uncertain or hesitant about asking you such a big question. You could only find love and adoration. You bit your lip and tried to work out what to say; how to figure out a way to explain why you were hesitant about moving in with the man you loved.

He took your hands in his gently. "I know it's a big step, but I want to take this step with you, Y/N, and only you. I love you. I already spoke to the Captain about it, and he said it's fine. So if you're ready... I would really love for you to live with me."

You pulled your hands out of his, and you saw a flash of sadness in his eyes. It disappeared when you cupped his face in your hands. You leaned in, gently pressing your lips to his. He kissed you back, softly but passionately. You ended the kiss after a moment and leaned your forehead against his.

"Is that a yes?" he asked quietly.

You smiled. "Yes. Yes, Pavel, I'll move in with you."