Ent. Phlox - Trip Sets You Two Up

"Come on, Y/N, just ask him!" Trip exclaimed, loud enough to make a few people in the messhall turn their heads.

"Would you be quiet?" you snapped, rolling your eyes. "I can't just ask him. What if he says no? Or misinterprets my question?"

Then it was Trip's turn to roll his eyes. "Come on, he won't say no. I know for a fact that he likes you that way. Trust me, he likes you just as much as you like him, and he's even more nervous to ask you."

You pushed your food around on your plate and sighed. "I don't know."

Trip stole some of your pecan pie. "If you don't ask him, I will."

You managed a teasing smile. "You're going to ask Phlox out on a date?"

He chuckled. "No. But, I will ask him to go to movie night with you."

You sighed, then pushed your plate towards him, figuring he'd eat it one way or another.

As he took another forkful, he said, "I really don't see how we're related."

You frowned. "What do you mean?"

He shoved some pie into his mouth. "You barely even touched your pecan pie."

"That's because it's your favourite dessert. Not mine."

"Hm." He chewed thoughtfully, then said, "Go ask him. Movie night's starting soon, so you better hurry."

You slumped back in your chair. "What do I say?"

"Just say, Hey Phlox, would you like to be my date for movie night? It's just that simple."

"Has that ever worked for you?" you asked.

Trip grinned. "Oh yeah. Plenty of times.

You sighed heavily and stood. "Fine. After I finish this report, I'll ask him."

You walked into sickbay an hour later, and stopped when you saw your brother laughing with Phlox. Trip looked your way and smiled. "Y/N! We were just talking about you."

"Oh really?" you asked, sending a glare to him. You then looked at Phlox, who was smiling softly at you. You made your way over to them, standing next to Trip.

Phlox nodded. "Commander Tucker was informing me that you'd be attending movie night tonight."

"Uh, yeah." You rubbed your arm. "Are... are you?"

Phlox dipped his head. "I was planning to."

Trip folded his arms over his chest, then his face lit up. "Hey! How about you two go together?"

You shot him a look.

Phlox on the other hand, smiled. "I think that sounds like a lovely idea."

"You do?" you asked

"Unless you'd prefer to go with someone else," he said.

You shook your head. "No, no I um, I'd love to go with you."

Trip clapped you on the shoulder. "There ya go, Y/N. Looks like you got yourself a date."

You blushed, expecting Phlox to make some comment about how it wasn't a date, and that you were going as just friends. But, he only smiled.