Voy. Harry Kim - He Proposes

You heard doors open, and then Harry was leading you into a room. You held his wrists and said: "Can you take your hands off my eyes, yet?"

"Almost," he said, walking you further in the room. "Okay," he said as he removed his hands from your eyes.

You were met with a bright light and squinted as your eyes adjusted.

"Surprise!" your crewmates and friends shouted. "Happy birthday!"

You laughed and looked around. You were on the holodeck, in Captain Proton's ship, only everything was in colour. There were streamers and balloons hanging all around the ship. All the senior officers were there as well as your close friends and crewmates from your section.

"Oh my god," you exclaimed, then turned to Harry. "Did you arrange this?"

He nodded with a smile.

"With my help," Tom interjected, stepping towards you with a drink in his hand. "For you."

Accepting the drink, you smiled. "Thank you. Thank you everyone for coming. This means so much."

"Harry didn't give us much of a choice," B'Elanna said.

Harry smiled and shrugged. "So I wanted to throw Y/N an awesome birthday party, court marshal me."

Captain Janeway held up her hand. "I might have to, Ensign. Unless I get a drink ..."

Tom chuckled and whistled. The robot from the program came lumbering over, a tray of drinks on his outstretched arms.

"Drinks for you," the robot said.

The captain smiled as she took a glass. "Thank you."

"Shall we open presents?" Seven asked.

You grinned and let Harry lead you to the pile of presents. They were on one of the consoles. "You guys didn't have to get me anything."

"Oh, hush," Chakotay said.

You smiled and began to open the presents. After opening them all and thanking everyone, people started to chat amongst themselves. Harry pulled you to the side and you gave him a confused look. "What's up?"

"I have another present for you," he said in a low voice.

You smiled and took his hand. "Aw, Harry. You shouldn't have."

He shook his head. "I've been wanting to give this to you for a while ... now seems like a good time."

"Now I'm intrigued."

"Y/N, when we first came to the Delta Quadrant, I was terrified. All I wanted to do was get home and get away from the hostile species and unknown areas we were passing. But then you and I became closer, and things didn't seem so frightening. You made me laugh on tough days. You gave me hope that we would find a way back. You gave me support whenever I needed it. Y/N, every moment spent with you is a moment I will cherish forever. I can't explain how happy and at peace you make me feel. And I want to feel this way the rest of my life."

You were silent, mouth open slightly. Your heart was beating quickly in anticipation for his next move.

He pulled something out of his pocket and held it in front of you: a beautiful ring. "Y/N, will you marry me?"

Tears welled in your eyes and you nodded your head quickly. "Yes, yes, of course I will."

A broad smile spread across Harry's face and he took your hand, slipping the ring on. He then pulled you close and pressed his lips onto yours.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him passionately, happy tears rolling down your cheeks.

You heard Tom whistle nearby and a few others who saw what happened cheer.

When the kiss ended, your foreheads leaned against one another. "Happy birthday, my love."

"I love you," you murmured. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too," he said. "And I can't wait to tell you that every day for the rest of our lives."