TNG. Data - "You never told me you had a fucking twin!"

You folded your arms over your chest as Data sat quietly in your quarters. You paced before him, trying to figure out what to say.

"Y/N, I am sorry for any distress Lore caused you," he said.

You sighed heavily. "No. Don't be sorry, Data. This isn't your fault."

"Then why do you seem...upset?"

"Because you never told me you had a fucking twin."

Data quirked his head to the side. "Fascinating. Does using that word help you feel more calm?"

"What?" you asked, caught off guard.

"Fucking," he stated. "I noticed that you tend to use that word or variations of it when you are angered or bothered by something."

You huffed out a brief laugh. "Yeah, I guess it does help me express my emotions sometimes."

"Fascinating," he repeated. "But, to acknowledge your statement, technically Lore is not my twin, but rather a different copy of me and my programming."

You held up your hand to cut him off. "Look, this is just...a bit unsettling, you know? What if there are more androids out there like Lore? What if they find you some day? Or what if Lore is reactivated somehow?"

Data held out his hand to you, knowing that by taking it it'd calm you down. "It is nearly impossible that Lore will ever function again. And as for other androids, the likelihood of that happening is minuscule. I am unique. As far as we know, I am the only android this advanced—other than Lore, of course. But, as I said, it is nearly impossible that Lore will ever function again."

You smiled slightly. "You certainly are unique, Data. I'm sorry for being so riled up. It's just that what Lore said and did..."

"You do know that I will always protect you, do you not?" He pulled you onto the couch next to him and put his hand on your thigh. "I will always help you when you need me, Y/N. Nobody, not even Lore, will hurt you so long as I am here, do you understand?"

Your smile widened. "Yes, I understand. Thank you, Data."