Chapter Thirty

A/n: So sorry for the long waif, but here it is!

Amber's pov:

I woke to a pounding in my head. I groan and wince at the sunlight streaming in through the large windows in my room. Shit. What happened? My head feels like I drilled nails into it. I roll out of bed and stand up. I stagger to the bathroom, and look into the mirror. My make up is all over the place, just like my hair. I slip into the shower, and start to remember last night.

Calum and the girl, the shots, the creep, Luke, the I love you. It all rushs back. Oh fuck. I finish my shower and dry off. I take my time blow drying my hair and making it straight. Trying to think through the pounding in my head, I pick an outfit. I slip on dark wash jeans with a plain white v neck and a sweatshirt with the 5sos tally marks on it. It feels like I bought this ages ago, when I bought it at the concert. I pull on my combat boots and stomp to the kitchen area on the floor.

Luke and Ashton are at the kitchen area, sitting on a couch in front of a TV.

"Hey Amber!" Michael  says, and I wince. I bring my finger to my lips and shh him. "Ooh, someone's hungover. " Michael mock whispers to Luke. I flip him off and grab a glass of water and toast. I flop onto the couch and take a bite of toast. It tastes like nothing, but whatever. Luke gets up and looks through a few cabinets.  He grabs a small bottle and hands it to me.

"It's aspirin. It'll help. " he says with a shy smile. I sigh and crack a smile.

"You are a lifesaver. " I say, hugging him. When I pull away, He's biting on his lip ring. I feel butterflies in my stomach,  and I'm too tired to try to ignore it. I flop onto the couch and take two aspirin. "So...what are we watching? "

"Mean Girls." Michael says with a groan. "Luke got to pick it." I laugh.

"Heyy, its a good movie!" Luke says in defense.

"Whatever you say, Luke." I say, with a short laugh at the end. The movie starts again and we sit and watch.

***********************************

The movie is almost over, and Calum walks downstairs. An image from him last night flashes through my head. I am suddenly filled with anger.

"Where's the aspirin?" Calum yells as he searches through the cabinets. I see Luke ball his hands into fists. I stand up and hand Calum the aspirin bottle. He gives a weak smile. "Hi, sorry I have the worst hangover." He whispers.

"Yeah I know, do you remember last night?" I say, a little louder than I intended. He winces.

"Damn, Amber, keep your voice down. And no, not really." He says softly. I roll my eyes and turn to leave the kitchen. He weakly grabs my arm. "What's Wrong? What did I do yesterday?"

"Is it normal for you do this? Get drunk and not even remember what the hell happened? It's no big deal, you just let this girl grind all over you, and told me it was 'just dancing'." I exclaim, my voice growing higher as I finish.

"I'm sorry Amber. I was drunk, and I just didn't know what I was doing." He says softly, pulling me closer to him. I don't respond to his actions, keeping my arms at my side. I drag him away from the kitchen area into his room.

"Calum. I want you to be honest. Do you always get blackout drunk like that at thise parties?" I say, shutting the door behind me. He runs his hand through his undone hair, and sighs.

"Amber, I don't even see why this is a big deal! Sometimes, but dammit, I'm old enough!" He says, raising his voice a bit.

"Of course it's a big deal! My mom is always shitfaced and never remembers anything! When you're drunk like that, you loose control! And I don't know if I can be with a person who is like that!" I yell, falling onto the bed. The room is completely silent. Calum sits onto the bed with me.

"So, you want to dump me?" He says quietly. I sit up. He's staring at his hands, shoulders hunched and his face looks completely heartbroken. I bite onto my lip. That is the saddest thing I've ever seen. I hug him from he side and kiss his cheek.

"I'm sorry. I just got mad. I didn't mean that. Just forget that. " I say softly. He gives me a long soft kiss. It's sweet, but it doesn't feel right. I give him a fake smile, and grab his hand as I lead him back to the kitchen area.