Chapter Fifteen

A/N:I'm  so sorry guys I haven't updated in a really long time so here ya go!

Amber's pov:

When I woke up the next morning, light was streaming through the windows, and I could barely open my eyes. When I got up and looked in the mirror , they were swollen from crying and I still had a few tear stains, even though I washed my face before I went to bed. I jumped into the shower, and when I got out, I looked and felt a lot better.

I put on a pair of ripped light jeans and rolling stones tee with vans. I put on concealer to cover the bags under my eyes and blush. I let my hair down, even though it was still wet from the shower. I stepped out the room and walked down the hall I was crying in just yesterday.

When I got to the living room, everyone was up,even Michael, who Luke told me hibernates every night.

"Morning babe." Luke whispers, pecking me on my cheek. His hair is already quiffed and hes wearing a red and black flannel with black skinny jeans ripped at the knees.  I glance at the clock.

"More like good afternoon..."I mumble, brushing a lock of hair from my eyes. He chuckles, and grabs my hand. He leads me to the couch where Calum sits. Michael tears into a slice of pepperoni pizza at the table. Ash is sitting in an armchair, smiling at me. I sit next to Calum and Luke plops down next to me, seeming a bit uncomfortable. Calum stares down at his well worn all black converse, and shifts away from me. He ran his hands through his hair and got up. Without an explanation, he left the room. Luke draped his arm over my shoulder. Ash looked at me with a frown, and Mikey barely noticed.

"That was weird, right? " I ask to no one in particular, my voice small and shaky, as if I was crying again. Ash nods his head and furrows his brow, while Luke shrugs. I turn my head and look at Luke. The set of his jaw shows he's uncomfortable with my concern, and still upset with Calum. This is one of his best friends, and he's acting as if he doesn't care. I shrug his hand off my shoulder and storm after Calum.

Calum's pov: (A/N: okay okay, contain your excitement lol. )

I couldn't take it. The way she seemed last night burns in my memory. I got no sleep, still thinking of her crying and her mother. It pisses me off that the words of that old bitch hurt her so much. You don't do that! Amber is so perfect, and that old ass is trying to ruin her. I want to comfort her, but I just don't know how to do it without it becoming something romantic. And that's the last thing she needs.

So when she came in this morning, I just couldn't sit there while she and Ashton just pretended everything was fine. I stormed out, and now I sit in the guest bedroom, staring at the ceiling, trying to shut out with world with my headphones.

I didn't even notice the figure in the doorway.

I felt a headphone being pulled from my ear.

"Heyy, what the he- " I stopped when I looked up into her big brown eyes. She gave a shy smile. Shit.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her hand brushing my cheek. I sat up on the bed so I was sitting next to her.

"I heard you yesterday." I say. She has a quick small gasp.

"Fuck." I heard her mutter under her breath.

"It's fine, I'm not gonna judge you or anything, it just pisses me off. You don't deserve that bullshit! You're one of the most amazing people I've ever met and you get the worst parent." I ramble until I feel her fingers grasp at my arm. I turn towards her. She stares straight into my eyes. I watch them flutter closed. She leans in and crashes her lips into mine.