Chapter Twenty-Two

Amber's pov:

I jumped at the loud knocking. I glanced at Calum, who was looking at me. The knob twisted, and I bit my lip. The door swung wide open, slamming into the wall. Luke stood at the doorway, storming straight into the room. My palms became sweaty. Holy shit. Did he hear Calum? Wait, why would he care? Maybe...no. I feel the blush and stare at my hands in my lap.

"Look, Calum,  we need to..." Luke's voice trails off when he sees me. It goes back to the unreadable impression he had back in the house when he saw me and Calum. I stare back down at my hands.

"I'm just... I'll just go now. Bye, Cal." I say, getting up and giving an awkward wave. I walk towards the door, and Luke steps out of the way, pulling his new lip stud inbetween his teeth. He tugs on the sleeves of his red flannel and looks at his beat up boots. I walk out the room and the door slams shut. I slump against the door and sigh. However awkward that was, I am somewhat relieved. Because if Luke hadn't barged in, I don't know what would have happened.

Because I know that I probably wouldn't have said it back.

Luke's  pov:

The whole plane ride, I thought about the whole Calum and Amber situation. I went through my entire playlist, twice, before I came up with a logical plan that didn't involve something stupid. I shouldn't confront Amber directly; doing that would just piss off all of the guys if I lost my temper again. I was going straight to Calm, to talk this out, and to Maybe get back my best mate.

I hear voices through the door, but I think  hes just  watching TV. Just in case, I knocked, but Im impatient with him. Im still pissed. No response. I can't stand this. I shove the door open with a little too much force, and it smacks into the wall. I lock my eyes onto Calm, who's sitting on the couch.

"Look Calum, we need to..." I stop when I notice Amber. It's something about the way she's looking at me, or the way she's sitting, laying towards Calum, that makes me even more mad, but still makes me sad. I look at Calum, who has his eyebrows brought together.

"I'm just...I'll just go now. Bye,Cal. "Amber whispers, awkwardly walking out. I look down when she passes, and i slam the door shut as soon as shes gone. That little nickname shit Amber used put me over the edge.

"What the fuck was that? Huh? What the FUCK was that?!" I yell, pointing at the door. He seems unaffected, almost bored. He gets up and walks towards me, until He's about a few feet in front of me.

"That was a date. That you interrupted. Yeah. Thanks for that." He says, rolling his eyes. "So What the hell do you want,dick?" He spits. I clench my teeth together, trying to keep my calm.

"What the fuck did you just say to me? I thought we were mates." I feel sorta hurt, but rage overpowers all of that.

"All that is over, dipshit. When you hurt her!" He states, filling his words with so much anger it's scary.

"She did that bullshit when you lured her into it! All this shit is your fault. YOU ruined everything! YOURE the real reason she was hurt! YOU! So don't you dare pin this shit on me. YOU fucked everything up!" I say, the same he said his words. I see his ball his fists at his sides so tightly his knuckles are white.

"She didn't seem so hurt when she was with me. Just face it. I'M better for her. You fucked up. Deal with it." He says, a confident, smug smirk on his face.

"No." I state silently. "FUCK NO!" I scream. I don't remember balling my fists, but when I swing at him, they are. It hits him right in the jaw, and he stumbles to the floor. He gets up and hits me across my cheek , and the impact explodes through the side of  my face. I lunge at him and we fall to the ground. I punch him again, this time straight in the mouth, and his lip splits.

He spits and me and flips so He's on top of me. He's knees pin my shoulders to the floor, and he keeps punching. I feel blood trickle down the side of my face. He's no doubt cut my eyebrow. I feel his weight being lifted off of me, and I swing straight at his face for one solid final hit. His head  swings to the side and his chin falls onto his chest. I scramble back to my feet and try running back at him,  but arms grab mine and pull me back.

"What the hell is going on?!" Ashton yells, with one hand on Calum's chest to keep him pressed against the wall. I wipe the blood from my face with my free hand. Michael positions himself so that He's in the same position as Ash.

Amber rushes into the room with a worried expession. Her eyes lock onto me and then Calum. I smirk. She looked to me first. Calum looks like he was hit by a car. I look at her, expecting sadness, or maybe even tears. Instead, her face turns angry. She lets out a frustrated groan, right before turning quickly to punch the wall. It makes a smacking sound, and she turns and storms out, leaving only a blood smear on the white wall where she punched.

Shit.