Chapter Eleven

Calum's pov:

"Can we talk?"

My voice barely went above the volume of the TVs volume. I was leaning up against the door frame and looking at my worn black and white converse. I can't believe what I'm about to do I think. Butterflies flew in my stomach, and my palms were sweaty. I glanced back up to where she was sitting. She was looking at me, eyes wide and chewing on her bottom lip.

"Sure... uh well what do you want to talk about?" She whispered, moving her eyes away from my gaze. Here goes nothing, I thought.

"Amber, I know youre with Luke. And you guys seem really happy together, but there's something I just have to say. I like you, a lot. And it's wrong that I like my bandmates girlfriend, but I just- I mean I just can't help it. Ever since we saw you that day, in the mob of girls, I just couldn't stop thinking about you. And then Luke came along and you two seem happy, so that's that I guess... I just wanna say that I'm happy that you seem so happy with him. Even if your taken right now, just know I can wait for a girl like you. " I rush out, the words spilling right out of me. I give a shy smile, and look away from her shocked face. I stare at my shoes as the moment stretches on forever. I can't take the wait and I look back up at her. Her eyes are still wide, her mouth slightly open. Her intense gazes locks with mine, staring into my eyes. I felt such an overwhelming urge to run over and kiss her, but I fight it, knowing how wrong that would be. I can't make that mistake again. We started there foe a long while, just gazing into each others eyes. Suddenly, she takes an inhale like she's about to respond, but instead she closes her eyes and turns her head away.

"I think we should just be friends." She says slowly, forcing out her words.

I give the smallest of smiles,"Can we actually be friends though? Like the way you are with Ash? " I ask. If I'm not her boyfriend, I can at least be close with her.

"Of course," she says with a huge smile, a blush on her face. Damn she's gorgeous, I thought. This friends thing might be harder than I thought I think to myself.

I smile big at her. "Goodnight Amber, " I say with a wink. She giggles, a cute small noise.

"Goodnight Calum." she Replies, turning back towards the tv. I turn away from the door with a big stupid grin stuck on my face. I hear her say something, but I couldn't  quite make out what it was. I didn't try to make it out, nothing can bother me right now.

Amber's pov:

I stare at the TV, trying to focus on the show and trying to get the smile and blush off my face. I run my hair through my hair.

"Friends. Just friends." I say out loud to myself. Trying to convince myself these words are the truth, because they are. "We are just friends. You like Luke Hemmings. "I say. It's true, just saying his name gives me a indescribable happy feeling. I sigh, putting my head in my hands.

"But you know you like Calum too."

English Love Affair~ 5 Seconds of summerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें