Chapter Twenty-One

(A/N: I laughed when I wrote the number twenni wan I'm the only one okay bye)

Amber's pov:

I woke to someone shaking me. I groaned.

"Ughh five more minutes..." I mumble. I feel a hand shove my shoulder.

"Come on Amber, it's wake up time! You can sleep on the plane!" I heard a low voice whisper. Calum.

"Mmmmmm... piss off.," I mutter.

"I guess I'll have to do this the hard way." I hear him mutter. A finger gets stuck into my ear. I squirm and yell. I swat his hand away.

"Cal!! Eww. "I say. He smiles at me mischievously. His hair is covered by a gray Beanie , and hes wearing a Nirvana shirt with his signature ripped skinny jeans and black and white vans. When I meet his eyes again, he winks at me.

"Come on, get ready, we have to leave in fifteen minutes!" He calls as he leaves my room. Crap! Fifteen minutes? That's how long it takes me to shower! I scramble out of bed and run into the bath room. I brush my teeth and pull my hair out of its bun. By some miracle, it looks semi decent, just a bit tousled. I look through my bag for something to wear. It would usually take forever to pick an outfit. I glance at the clock. 7 minutes left. Shit. An idea hits me, and I smile. I grab a cropped white Nirvana shirt, ripped black skinnies and my black and white vans. 4 minutes. I swipe on Concealer to cover my bags, and some blush with mascara. I grab my duffel bag and run downstairs.

"Right on time!" Calum calls out, smiling.  "And nice outfit," he winks at me. I look down and feel my cheeks get warm. I smirk and look up at him. He grabs my hand and gives it a squeeze. I look into his eyes and bite my lip.

"Awwww!  Cut it out you guys!" Ash yells out with a laugh. Michael laughs along. They run to us and I see Luke standing behind them, slowly making his way to us. He seems...defeated. Maybe he's just as I tired as I feel. Mikey always says he's  not a morning person.

We go to the taxi that's waiting in front. We load our things in the trunk and hop into the car. The ride flies by, and next thing I know, we're at the airport waiting at our gate. I bump my shoulder into Calum's to get his attention. He looks towards me. "Where are we even going? " I ask.

"London . " he says with a smile. I grin back.

"You know, I've always wanted to go there."

"Really?"

"Yeah, ever since I was young." My cheeks grow warm. I remember practicing the accent for hours as a kid.

"Well, now you can." He says, bumping his  shoulder into mine. I smile at the floor. We walk onto the plane, and were go straight to first class. I've never flown in first class before, actually, I've never flown anywhere at all. I sit next to Calum, and it looks just like in the movies. It's roomy, my seat reclines and there's ever a private bathroom. I reach into my back pocket and pull out my phone. I plug my head phones into my phone and get ready to plug them in for the long flight ahead. Calum grabs my hand just before I plug them.

"Wait. While I have the nerve, I need to  ask you something." Calum tells me, looking into my eyes.

"Okay..?" I say, a bit uneasy.

"So...I mean, I know it's kinda early... and you and Luke just um.." Calum clears his throat. "But uh,  I was wondering if you  might wanna be my girlfriend?" I look down. I mean, I like Calum. A lot. But Luke... I glance over at him. He already has head phones in and is turned away, staring out the window. He's in a red flannel and black skinny jeans, and just seems shut off from everything. I look back at Calum.

"Of course." I say with a smile, but it feels a bit forced. He breaks out into a giant goofy grin that I can't help but laugh at. The plane takes off and I lean my head onto Calums shoulder. I feel him kiss the side of my head as I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

************************************

When I wake up again, I'm being shaken. I grunt. "God damn don't do that." I mumble. The shaking doesn't stop, and I reluctantly open my eyes. Calum is smiling , and I frown. I wipe my eyes. "Are we here?" I ask.

"Yeah, now come on. We're going on a date!" He says excitedly. I smile.

"Does it invole food? I'm  starving." I say, getting out of my chair. I look around at the rest of the boys. Ash is up and reaching for his bag, Mikey is passed out and Luke is in the same position he was in when I fell asleep. I sigh.

"Come on, let's go!" He says, grabbing my hand and pulling me through the plane to the exit. All I can do while we wait for the luggage is wonder what Calum planned while I was sleeping. Knowing him, it was probably something cute. Once everyone has all their stuff, Calum pulls me away from the group and to the car. It drives us to a really fancy hotel.

"This is where we're staying?" I yell in astonishment. He looks up at it like it was a regular house.

"Yeah." He says as I look around the connected rooms. They had an entire floor to themselves,  and each room was bigger than my entire old apartment. "Come on! Let's go already!" He says, pushing me through the doors back downstairs. I smile, and run to keep up with him. We go next door to a small diner and eat brunch. It's quite awkward, and none of us say anything and eat in silence. We walk back to the floor of our rooms, and he pulls me to his room.

"Uh...Calum?" I say, as he closes the door. He holds up a cd and smiles. I laugh. It's The Fault in Our Stars.

"I've actually never seen this." He says, sitting on the couch in front of the TV. I sit next to him and curl into his side.

*********************

When the movie ends, me and Calum have tears running down our faces. I laugh. "Calum! Your crying more than me! " I say, smiling through the tears. I reach and wipe his tears away. He smiles.

"Don't blame me! That movie is  just too fucking sad!" He yells, laughing at the end. He bites his lip and looks down, adjusting on the couch so he can look into my eyes. He leans in and kisses me, soft and slow. I wrap my arms around him, and he cups my face. He breaks the kiss, but doesn't move him hand from my face. "It's really early, but I think I might be in love with you." He says, looking down. My jaw drops. I really wasn't expecting this. I look away. I open my mouth to reply, but I'm cut off by the loud knocking on Calum's door.