20. Weak

The night left, and the day came

The night left, and the day came. The day was full of silence and isolation. Everyone was dealing with their own issues, trying to figure out a solution, a better ending.

For Nia, she found a way to kill two bird with one stone. When night fell once again, she found herself making her way down some dark stairs, a dark hall way, entering a level beneath the mansion.

Her own footsteps echoed through the stones and bars. She slightly hummed walking further and further past the cells. She finally came in contact with one that made her smile.

The victim sat there helplessly. He looked almost lifeless, completely, and utterly disturbed.  She wrapped her arms around two bars, and she used her strength to bend them open.  She stepped in and stared at the man.

The man looked up, "Why didn't you just open it..". He questioned drained, "Shit, I'm gonna die here aren't I?"

Nia squatted staring at the man, "Oh no Chris, you are going to do something for me before you breathe your last breath."

She stood back up and slowly stride around the man staring at him. He was in such miserable shape but she was going to the fix that.

Nia brought her right arm to her mouth and bit into her wrist. Once she removed it from her mouth, blood slowly trickled.

"They'll smell it." Chris hesitated, "They'll know you are here."

"Not here. The wall contain a special herb so anyone above wouldn't be able to reach victims here. You can't smell out of here, and no one can smell in. With all the blood oozing out of you, you would've been dead by now with someone got a good whiff of it."

She raised her wrist to his mouth, "Drink up. You are going to need it."

Chris closed his mouth, turning his head away from her wrist. He grew suspicious. What was she truly trying to get at? Her blood would heel him, and he would be able to roam free with the access she had granted him.

"Are you seriously trying to help me?" He questioned taking deep breaths to minimize his pain.

"I'm trying to use you. We have a common enemy, and I want her gone. I want Y/n gone." Nia growled.

Chris shook his head. Dae wasn't ready to kill you. All he wanted was to be in Dae's pack more than anything. He wasn't going to mess it up with reckless behaviour.

"I can't kill her. He still needs her." Chris shook his head and Nia quietly laughed.

"You know I'm not surprised by your answer. I understand where your loyalty lies and I respect it, but look at what Y/n cost you. She cost you, your freedom and your life." Nia spoke in a calming tone.