25. Secrets

Taehyung wouldn't answer any of your questions on the ride home

You were starting to panic a bit.

Who was that guy?

How did he know Taehyung?

"You've literally ignored me the whole way back here! Who was that guy?" You yelled at Taehyung as you walked up to the house from the car.

He walked ahead of you. He was clearly in a rush get inside.  Probably to let the news be known about the guy.

"I knew the bookstore was a bad idea. Shit." He gently cursed.

You quickly walked up to him grabbing his lower arm, forcing him to turn and face you.  He looked down at his arm frowning at the grip you had on him.  Then he looked into your eyes.

He could see the clear distress and confusion you were going through.  He took a deep breath listening to you talk.

"Earlier, I was literally thinking what if Dae's minions are here?  And now you are acting like this?! This freaks the fuck out of me Taehyung!" You told him. "I thought we were on good terms!  Why do you have to hide this from me?"

You stared into his eyes pleading for him to tell you the truth, to put your mind at ease.  You hated that you always were left out of things when it came to the guys.

"Please...  If for any reason we are in danger, I should know."  You spoke nervously in a low tone.

He yanked his arm out of your grip.  Your eyes widened taking a step back from his touch reaction.

"This isn't my place to tell you anything.  I just..." He sighed in disappointment, "I wish we didn't go to the bookstore."

He started to slowly walk off.  You could tell he felt disappointed in himself.  The more he tried, the more he made mistakes.

You didn't chase him but watched him as he walked.  I can't force him.  He's clearly upset.  Maybe I can try and figure this out. 

Your mind wandered back to the bookstore.  You tried to summarize the moments and how the man acted towards Taehyung.  The clear tension and dislike they had in each other.

He acted so odd and hinted to things for Taehyung to catch onto. Never thought there could be someone they know that would make them react in such a way.

Your eyes widened remembering the scent.

For your nose, only certain beings could make that horrible scent and make you feel a nervous rush.

"He's a vampire, isn't he."

Taehyung stopped in his tracks.

No way...I never thought I would meet another vampire.  You thought.