Chapter 20

Maisie's POV

I'd managed to get a last minute flight back to Birmingham. I sat staring out the window looking at the clouds. I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. I felt so guilty.

The flight was only about 45minutes so it didn't take long to get home. When I got to my house, my Mum wasn't in because she was visiting my Grandma while I was away but I had my key so I unlocked the door and dumped my stuff in the living room.

I went upstairs and took a quick shower. I was out within 10 minutes. Beings as it was the middle of the day I couldn't decide whether to put proper clothes on or pyjamas. I went with leggings and a pyjama top so technically I went with both.

I turned the TV on and put Cool Runnings on which is my favourite movie. I woke up when the credits were rolling, I'd missed the whole thing. I must have been more tired than I thought. I went to bed even though it was only like 3 o'clock.

****

I woke up and went straight downstairs because for some reason I was really hungry. I made myself some toast, sat on the sofa and turned the TV on.

I'd forgot to ring Emily so I decided to call her. I pulled out my phone and dialled her number. The phone rang for a few seconds.

"Hey Mais, did you get back okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, erm, how's Niall?" I asked.

"Missing you,"

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah he really loves you. Oh and Zayn's confused why you left,"

"Oh, well he shouldn't be," I replied quietly and realised that Emily didn't know, "well I'm going to go, tell them both I said hello. See you soon,"

"Take care of yourself,"

"I will, bye,"

"Bye."

I watched TV for about three hours and my phone began to vibrate. It was Niall.

Tears began to roll down my face. I don't even know why I was crying, it was my own fault. I'd caused all of this. I couldn't face talking to him, I might accidentally tell him something.

I ignored the call and turned my phone off so that nobody could bother me.

Zayn's POV

Okay, we kissed but I didn't think that she would just leave. Her excuse was that she was homesick but I knew the real reason. I feel sorry for Niall, if he finds out that we kissed, I'm dead and him and Maisie's relationship would be over.

I'd rang Maisie a load of times but she didn't answer. Niall and Emily said that they had tried as well but got no answer. We were all starting to worry about her.

"You ready guys?" Liam asked just before we went on stage. We all said yes and got ready to go on. Even though it feels like we've been doing this for ages we still get really nervous.

We took our positions on stage and the music began. The lights lit up and it was weird not seeing Maisie sitting in the front row. I tried to not think about her throughout the show but every time I looked at the front row I couldn't help but think about what she was up to and if she was okay.

We finished the show and went back to the hotel to pack up to go to the next city. It's manic when we go on tour but it's all for the fans so I don't really mind.

After we'd quickly packed the few clothes that we needed to, we got on the bus and began to travel to the airport.

"Zayn. Zayn, wake up. Zayn!" Liam said waking me up.

"Okay, okay. I'm up," I said, stretching. We got on the plane and began to fly.