Chapter 40

Liam's POV

"How did you know it was my birthday? I was hoping nobody knew," Maisie asked me as we were in the middle of everybody. Our pool was big but not quite big enough for over one-hundred and fifty people. Emily, the boys and I had started preparing her birthday pool party months ago. We invited everyone, and I mean everyone, she knows. We even had a picture of Zayn in the kitchen window so he could see the fun too. It might seem weird but it feels as if he is closer if his picture is there with us.

"I've known you for almost two years, I love you more than the world and how could I forget?" I replied. She laughed and kissed me softly on the lips.

"I really do love you," I told her again making sure she knew it. She's my world, my rock to stand on, the better half of me.

"Oh, I believe you. And I trust you. I trust you with my life," she said. "Thank you very, very much for this party, it's amazing. You're amazing,"

The music, which was something by John Mayer, faded out slowly. Harry's voice boomed through the microphone, "Could I have your attention please?"

All our heads turned towards him and Maisie and I began to hoist ourselves out of the pool. I quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her shoulders, I didn't want her getting cold.

"Maisie, the lads and I would like to wish you a very happy birthday, we love you very much," he reached his hand out for Maisie. She walked closer and grabbed his hand. He pulled her closer. All of sudden my jealousy started to kick in and I didn't like how close they were. I tried to relax.

Moments later Maisie called me over with a signal of the hand. I smiled and walked over. " I'd also like to congratulate Maisie and Liam," Harry added, "They're dating," he whispered into the microphone.

Both Maisie and I laughed at how he whispered the last part. I grabbed Maisie's hand and intertwined my fingers with hers. I kissed her hand and then looked her in the eyes. I always knew that that would send butterflies flying around her stomach. I always knew when she had butterflies because she would hold her breath and gulp extra loudly. It was the small things I noticed.

I could always tell when she was thinking about something important because her jaw would hang down slightly and her eyebrows would be knitted together, she'd laugh when she had bad news to tell you because she thinks it "cushions the blow", she'd always play with her charm bracelet when she was nervous and she would pretend to scroll through her phone when she was in awkward situations.

I liked her small things. That's what made her special. That's what made her mine. Nobody else knows her like I do and nobody loves her like me because they aren't me.

There had been many times when she had come to me for advice, nobody else, just me. I always went to her when I needed advice. We'd even broke down crying in front of each other before as the other would hold us and tell us it's going to be okay. We had a special bond and that's why she was my girlfriend. I wouldn't want anyone else in her place.

"Thanks Hazza, and thanks everyone for coming," she spoke. Her smile was so beautiful. She'd smiled more today than I think I've ever seen her smile before. I think she really did enjoy herself.

Most people had a glass or bottle of some sort of alcohol so Maisie and I joined them and grabbed a drink too.