Chapter 8

Zayn's POV

We got Maisie into A & E. Niall took a seat with her while Emily and I went to the desk.

"How can I help you?" The woman behind the desk asked.

"Well, we were here the other day with my sister, Maisie. She had some stitches put in and they've come out," Emily told her.

"Ok, what's her full name?"

"Maisie Daniels,"

"Ok, take a seat, you should be called in soon," Emily nodded, and we headed back over towards Maisie and Niall. I smiled at Maisie as I sat down. She gave me a faint smile back.

Maisie's POV

I was in so much pain. I couldn't explain how much it hurt. Zayn and Emily came back over to me and Niall. Zayn smiled and mouthed 'sorry' to me. It wasn't really his fault to be fair, it was mine. If I hadn't of ran after him and just walked instead, I would be sitting at home with Niall right now, possibly eating cookies. I wish.

After about ten minutes of waiting my name was called and I followed a nurse into a room. Emily came in with me but Niall and Zayn waited outside. As I walked in I was greeted by the same nurse as a few days ago.

"Ahh, Miss Daniels, what have you done to yourself today?" She asked with her eyebrows raised as if she was my mother telling me off.

I sat on the bed. "I think I've pulled my stitches out," I said nervously waiting for her response.

"Well how did you do that?" She asked confused.

"She decided to run after an idiot, who didn't deserve it," Emily interrupted. The nurse, called Donna, put her hands up to say 'I-don't-want-to-know' and laughed.

"Just ignore my sister, can you just stop the pain, please?" I said smiling at the nurse. She gave me a sympathetic look.

"Can you just roll up your shirt honey, so I can see what's going on?" She asked. I did as I was told and rolled my shirt up. "Thank you, it looks like you've got a lot of bruising and we will need to re-do them stitches," she said. I groaned. I hate hospitals. "I think we'll send you back up to Ward 6 you might have to stay the night," she looked sorry, she knew I wasn't going to like that.

I pulled my shirt back down carefully and walked out of the room with my bottom lip sticking out. I wasn't very mature sometimes.

"What's wrong? Are you gonna die?" Niall said sarcastically. I just rolled my eyes playfully and went back to the waiting room desk.

"Hi, the nurse said I need to go up to Ward 6," I smiled as if I wasn't the slightest bit annoyed. She nodded, clicked some things on her computer and then said that I go up there, tell them what I just told her and they would give me a bed.

We all headed up to the ward when I noticed that Zayn wasn't with us. "Hey, Niall where's Zayn?" I asked. He looked annoyed that I had asked him. I had no idea why, it was just a question. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Why do you care anyway?" Emily asked. I think she had something against him. She seemed to really hate him.

"I was only wondering, calm yourselves, you miserable people. I'm supposed to be the one that's miserable, not you. I have to stay here all night and it is really a crime that I care about my friend just disappearing, again?" I said, starting to get defensive for him. After all it was only a question and Niall was with Zayn how would he not know where he had gone.

"She didn't say that you definitely need to stay Maisie. She just said that you might have to stay," Emily replied with emphasis on the 'might'.

"Stilllllll,"I answered back. She just told me to stop complaining. I shut up. Niall put his arm around my shoulders, I just rolled my eyes at Emily and smiled. The elevator stopped at the floor. We walked out and over to the receptionist desk. The woman smiled.

"Hiya, how can I help?" She asked.

"Hello, I've been sent up her by Donna in A & E. I've pulled my stitches out, I think." I said. She smiled and looked on her computer for a few moments.

"Okay, Maisie Daniels?" She asked. I nodded. "Okay then, Miss Daniels, could you go to room 13 please,"

"Thank you," I said and started walking to my room, Emily and Niall following behind me. I looked at all the doors, searching for my room. I found it and made myself at home.