Chapter 49

Maisie's POV

We hugged for at least five minutes, I'd missed him so much and I needed to hug him. He let me just cry. When I felt ready to let him go, his t-shirt was soaked because of my tears. I apoligised but he said that he didn't mind. We began to walk through the park together. He put his arm around my shoulders and held me close to him.

"You do realise I'm going to have to tell the boys, especially Liam?" I said, looking up at him.

"No, no you can't. He'll hate me and so will Harry, Lou and Niall," he replied, seeming really worried.

"I have to, if they find out that I knew you were alive, my boyfriend would hate me. I can't have that. And like he's--" I began.

"Wait, boyfriend?" Zayn interuppted me, he let go of me and we stood face to face. I nodded, he obviously didn't know about me and Liam. Zayn and I kind of had a past so I worried in case he thought we could pick up where we left off.

"Um, didn't you know? Liam and I are kind of a thing," I explained. "Well, we are a thing," He seemed a little hurt.

"What happened to Niall?" he asked.

"Don't you remember the whole thing where we kissed and he kind of almost killed you?" I said.

"Oh yeah, forgot about that. But Liam, my best friend?" He asked. I nodded my head. He sighed and looked at the floor.

"I'm sorr--" I began.

"Don't be, I think I deserve it. I've hurt you enough, right? You can hurt me too, I don't mind," he said. "Um, I've got to go, I might not see you again but I don't think it matters either way does it," he said, starting to walk past me.

He grabbed my hand and gently kissed it before walking away from me. I stood numb for a second. Did all of that really happen? I squeezed my eyes shut tightly hoping to wake up from this horrible nightmare I was having. Unfortunately, it wasn't a nightmare at all, it was real.

I realised moments later that I had just let somebody who was supposed to be dead walk away from me. I turned around and saw him disappear behind a building. I couldn't let him get away that easily. I ran after him, hoping he hadn't gotten too far away.

I walked behind the same building, turning the corner. I saw a mass of people. I tried to squeeze my way through but there was way too many people. Being small sometimes comes in handy as I ended up getting to the front of the crowd. They were all staring at somebody lying motionless on the ground.

A person was quickly getting out of the car, looking at what they'd just done. Then they realised, and so did I, it was Zayn. I ran towards him and kneeled by him side. "Zayn? Zayn, come on, keep your eyes on me," I said. I kept repeating his name trying to him concious. Then people started to realise that it was me and they all started saying, 'Oh look it's Maisie Daniels' or things like that.

"I don't care if I'm Maisie Daniels, somebody call an ambulance!" I shouted. I was starting to lose him. I'd lost him once, I wasn't about to lose him again. I heard sirens moments later and a small sigh of relief exited my mouth. They quickly rushed to the hospital, they agreed to let me go in the ambulance with him. I'd noticed recently that I spend a lot of my time in hospitals, I might as well just live there.

"Wait, is this Zayn Malik? I thought he was dead," one of the paramedics asked me.

"Well he will be in a minute if you don't help him," I said sharply, a little sharper than I intended. She listened to me and helped him. When we actually reached the hospital they shoved me into a small waiting room while he was in theatre. I called Liam telling him that he needed to get here immediatley, I didn't explain why. He told me that he was on the way and I put the phone down.

* * *

"Mais, are you okay? What's happened?" Liam said, out of breath, running into the hospital a half hour later. He kissed my forehead and hugged me when he realised that I was perfectly fine. "I thought something had happened to you," he said kissing me again.

"I'm fine but you'll never guess who I ran into on my jog and who also decided to get themselves ran over," I sighed. He looked at me confused, waiting for me to continue.

"Miss Daniels? You can see him now," a smiling nurse said.

"Follow me," I said to Liam. He did as he was told and followed behind me. I walked into the room that was painted a absolutely horrible shade of yellow. I walked over to the bed, next to Zayn's side. Liam froze as soon as he saw Zayn lying on the bed.

"Z-Zayn?" He managed to stutter, "I-Is it y-you?" He slowly approached his bed. Zayn had his eyes closed and a large cut on his forehead from his accident. He also had sprained his ankle but it wasn't that bad, he didn't come off too badly considering he was hit by a big land rover thing.

"It's him Liam, look," I gently showed Liam Zayn's forearm. We always knew if it was the real Zayn because of the tattoos. Only Zayn could pull off that many tattoos. His eyes slowly flutterted open. He noticed Liam standing looking at him and tried to sit up. I pushed him back down gently, being careful not to hurt him. "No, don't,"

He listened to me and relaxed again. He went to say something but Liam just shut him up with a manly hug. "I've missed you bro, I've missed you,"