Chapter 18

Maisie's POV

We woke up in a different part of France. We'd travelled there overnight. I woke up and rolled over to see what time it was on my phone. I had a message of Zayn. It said;

I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have said that you and Niall broke up. Please talk to me, I don't like us not being friends :'( :'( :'( xxxxx

I didn't reply. I didn't want to talk to him at that moment, I was still too annoyed at him. The time was 8:50. Everybody else was asleep so, as quietly as I could, I got dressed and decided to take a stroll. I grabbed my phone, sunglasses, bag and then left.

I'd been out for about an hour and Zayn rang me. I debated whether to answer it or not but decided on answering it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi, it's Zayn," he replied.

"Yeah I know, I do have caller ID," I said, you could clearly hear in my voice that I was annoyed with him but I wanted him to know that I was annoyed.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Where are you anyway?" He asked.

"Why do you care?"

"Because, I just do. I like to know that you're okay. Is that a problem?"

"You know what, Zayn, yes it is because I know that you 'like' me or whatever but to be honest, you need a reality check. It's never going to happen. I see the way you look at me, everyone else sees it too, you have to stop. I have a boyfriend and I love him more than anything. Stop acting like a stalker and get a life. Bye Zayn." I hung up and shoved my phone into my bag.

As I thought about it, I realized that I was actually really horrible to Zayn. I considered calling him back to apologize but I figured that it would mean more face to face.

I began to walk back towards the hotel that we would of been staying in when everyone woke up. I picked up my pace as I got closer.

I walked into the lobby of the hotel. I walked over to the desk and waited in the small queue.

"How can I help?" The woman asked as I reached the counter.

"Erm, I should have a room booked with Niall Horan. By the name of Maisie Daniels?" I replied. She fiddled with her computer for a while.

"Ah, yes. Room 36," she smiled.

"Thank you," I replied and walked to the elevator. When the doors opened I walked in and pressed 36 on the grid. The elevator began to rise and stopped at a couple of floors, where people got in, before stopping at my floor.

I stepped out and began walking down the corridor looking for my room. I saw Zayn further down the corridor and began to jog to catch up with him. He rushed to get into his room.

"Zayn, wait," I said as I was greeted with a closed door. I deserved it. "Zayn, please, just listen." I said through the door, "I'm really, really sorry. I shouldn't of said that to you, I know. Please Zayn, open the door." I had no response so I stepped back and continued walking down the corridor.

"Wait," I heard him say moments later. I turned around and he was standing half out of the door.

Zayn's POV

I called her back. I wanted to see what she had to say for herself.

"I'm so sorry," she began, "I shouldn't have said that to you earlier,"

"Let's not do this out here, come in," I said, fully opening the door and letting her in.

She sat down on the sofa, gesturing me to sit down. I sat beside her, but stared straight ahead. I could feel her eyes burning a hole in the side of my head.

"I only said that because I was angry, I didn't mean any of it. Zayn, please look at me," she pleaded. I turned my head so that we were making eye contact.

I never was very good with eye contact so my eyes flickered between her and the picture on the wall behind her. "You had to of been thinking it to say it," I replied.

"I know but that doesn't mean that I meant it," she replied, "Zayn please believe me,"

She noticed that I wasn't entirely focused on her and placed one of her hands on the side of my face, forcing me to look into her beautiful brown eyes.

"I'm sorry," she said slowly. Her face was inches away from mine. I knew it probably wasn't appropriate but I leant forward and placed my lips on hers. I was surprised that she didn't pull away. Our lips moved in sync and I placed my hand on her cheek.

"Wait," she said pulling away and taking her hands from my cheeks, looking at the floor, "I shouldn't be doing this, I'm dating Niall,"

"I'm sorry Maisie," I apologized.

"It's okay, you haven't done anything. Look, nobody can know about this, okay?" She said, looking kind of guilty. I nodded. She stood up, I grabbed her hand turning her towards me.

"I know you didn't mean what you said, don't worry about it," I said and released her hand. She walked to the door. Her hand hovered over the handle. She glanced back at me and exited.

Maisie's POV

I can't believe it, I can't believe I just kissed him. I shouldn't of let it happen, but I did. I don't know what happened. This is what I was afraid of, I was worried that I was beginning to like Zayn like that.