Chapter 34

Maisie's POV

Liam had been gone for over an hour, I was wondering where he had got to. He last went towards the garden so I tried there first. As I approached the door I saw him sitting on the steps, quietly crying. His head was in his hands and he was staring at the floor. The phone call must not have gone well.

"Liam?" I questioned to see if he would look up at me but my attempt failed. He didn't move except for a sniff here and there. I decided to sit next to him. I gently rubbed his back to try to calm him down. "Do you want to talk about it?"

His face rose and he looked me directly in the eye. His nose was red and his eyes were also red and puffy. He must've been crying a lot. I felt sorry for him. Even though he told me he didn't love Sophia anymore, I knew he still cared deep down.

"It turns out, she cheated on me anyway," he informed me as another tear escaped his eye. I gently wiped it away for him. Even though it was the wrong circumstances, I liked being able to be this close to him. He let a large sigh escape. He was definitely hurting. "Oh well, at least now I know and I can try to move on,"

"Did she tell you who it was?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No, she told me that I would hurt the person if I knew. Do I come across as violent? I've never thought about it before, but am I?" He rambled.

"You violent? No Liam, you are most definitely not. You wouldn't hurt a fly. Your actually the nicest person I know, I think maybe sometimes, too nice," I answered honestly.

"Oh," he mumbled. He stood, offering his hand out to me to help me haul myself up. I thanked him. We headed inside. "I hope Louis isn't back, I don't think I can face him right now. Do I sound horrible now?"

"Liam, look at me," he turned so he was facing me, "there is not a single horrible bone in your body, okay? Stop doubting yourself. I'm sure Lou would understand anyway, after all, he did bring her here. Just stop being so paranoid, you're perfect the way you are,"

"You can call 'her' by her name you know, it won't upset me," he replied. He air quoted 'her', I let out a small laugh. We headed into the lounge where Niall was sitting eating more food. I don't understand how that boy eats so much food but never gains weight. I want a metabolism like his, I'm jealous.

"Are you seriously eating more food? How do you do that?" Liam asked, obviously thinking the same thing as me.

"We only ate like just over an hour ago, I don't understand where you put it all," I added.

Niall pulled himself out of the sofa and stood directly in front of Liam and I, "An hour is ages," he replied dragging out 'ages'. Liam and I just laughed as he walked out of the lounge, probably to get even more food. I flopped on to the sofa and Liam did the same too.

I grabbed the remote and switched the TV on. The Jeremy Kyle show was on. I love The Jeremy Kyle show more than any other show. "I love this show!" Liam and I said at the same time, causing us both to look at each other and laugh.

"I've just realised, I still haven't gave you them piano lessons that I promised," I said to Liam half way through Jeremy Kyle.

"Oh yeah, I was looking forward to them. I wondered when you would remember," he replied.

"How about I teach you now, you know, to take your mind off things?" I offered.

"Yeah, I would like that, I think it will help," he answered. We stood up, turned the TV off and headed off to the recording studio. Unfortunately the boys didn't have their own personal piano so we had to use the one at the studio.