Chapter 37

Liam's POV

"Maisie, I'm just popping out, do you want to come with me?" I asked adding a small wink on the end. It was the first of the month again. This could be the best day of my life or the worst. I had no idea if I was going to be the happiest person on the planet or the saddest at the end of the day.

"Um, yeah sure," she replied with a smirk, catching on.

"Can I come?" Louis asked. Why did he have to ask to come? Totally not the right moment.

"Err, yeah if you want," Maisie said slowly. She looked as if she thought the same thing as me.

"Actually... I can't be bothered," he replied shaking his head slightly, while continuing to scroll through something on his phone. I let out a small sigh of relief and Maisie did too. She grabbed her coat and I helped her get it on.

We left the house normally but as soon as we were round the corner we could talk freely. "So, I don't suppose you know what the date is?" I asked sarcastically.

"Hmm, no, I don't. Isn't it the thirty-first?" She replied just as sarcastically causing us both to laugh.

Maisie's POV

Today was the day. I could call the one and only Liam Payne my boyfriend. That's if he still loves me but I have a feeling he does. We were walking through a huge park near the house and when I was least expecting it, Liam grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind a tree.

My back was against the tree and he was directly in front of me, staring into my eyes. He had a cheeky grin and I did too. I bit my lip as my eyes flickered between his eyes and his lips.

He slowly placed his lips on mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist, while I wrapped mine around his neck. He pulled away moments later.

"I think we both know what day it is, don't we?" He whispered. I nodded and kissed him again. A slow passionate kiss. I'd been waiting for this for a month. Finally the day had come.

"Maisie Daniels, will you be my girlfriend?" He said confidently. I thought it would be funny to play a little trick on him.

"Well, I don't know, I'm not sure," I replied as if I didn't want to be his girlfriend. His smile instantly faded. It looked as if his heart had just fell on to the floor and shattered into a billion pieces. Maybe he did love me as much as I loved him. "I'm joking, calm down," I playfully hit his chest, beginning to laugh.

"Okay, you got me," he admitted. "Don't do that, you scared me,"

"I'd love to be your girlfriend," I replied placing a small kiss on his lips once more. I must've been the happiest person alive.

We began to walk back towards the house. His arm was around my shoulders and mine around his back. I was so happy to finally call him my boyfriend.

As we entered the house, he helped me take my coat and he planted a quick kiss on my cheek. We walked into the lounge. Everybody was sitting there smiling cheekily at us. "What's going on?" I asked.

"Okay, we know what's going on. Explain," Harry said.

"Explain what? There isn't anything to explain," Liam said looking into my eyes. We decided to wait to see how long it would take the boys and Emily to notice we were together.

I bit my lip nervously. How could they of already found out? "Yeah, nothing to explain," I confirmed.

"Well, could you please explain why all my food disappeared from my cupboard and why all the empty wrappers ended up in your room?" Niall asked. Oh no, we'd been caught. My eyes wondered around the room, trying to avoid any kind of eye contact.

I thought I hid the wrappers quite well. I tucked them all under my bed. To be honest I didn't mind getting caught, the Toblerone and M&M's were worth it.

"Okay, you caught us," Liam sighed. "Me and Maisie got hungry in the middle of the night and decided to have a midnight feast. And anyway, it's not just your food, it's mine too."

Niall began to get all protective over his food which made me laugh. I still can't quite get my head around how he can eat so much. It really is a gift. After all the moaning from Niall about 'his' food being consumed, Liam and I hung out in Liam's room for a while.