Chapter 55

Zayn's POV

It felt like hours had passed so I tried to open my eyes again, this time it worked. I saw somebody wearing a black ski mask dragging me a across the rough floor. Whoever it was, noticed and laid me down on the freezing cold floor. I tried to move my body but it was no use, I still couldn't move. Geez, whatever it was that had caused me to be completely numb, it was some strong stuff.

There wasn't much light, just a dim flicker from the end of the corridor. It was probably a candle or something. I hoped and prayed that I would be out of here soon. I desperately needed help and there was so much pain in my head, surely it wasn't good for me. In fact my whole body ached.

I continued to lay there for what felt like forever. Nobody had come back and I hadn't heard anyone talking or walking around. What if I was alone? If the feeling just came back in my legs, I could be out of here. My eyes became weak again and my eyelids closed as drifted away again. I couldn't even control when I fell asleep or not. It was like tiny little weights were attached to my eyelashes, constantly.

* * *

My eyes were closed and I heard muttering near me. Moments later, freezing cold water was thrown over my body. I eyes shot open. I was in the same grey room as before. I held my hand up in front of my face as defence. I could move the whole of my body again, thank goodness for that. It was about time, stupid water.

I pushed my self backwards and shivered. It really was cold in here. I might as well of being sitting outside, in the snow, while eating ice cream. I wrapped my arms around my cold body, trying to create some form of warmth. It didn't really work as well as I hoped it would. I leant up the wall and glared at the two men in front of me wearing ski masks. They started to whisper to each other but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

Seconds later they left me alone once again in this small, dark, grey box. Fun. The door was locked and I heard them talking outside. This time they were speaking at a normal volume, making it easy for me to hear them.

"Have they paid the money for his ransom yet?" One of the 'thugs' asked. Yes, I'm calling them thugs considering this is usually what happens when people get kidnapped, with the whole ransom thingy anyway.

"No, there's been no communication whatsoever," the other one replied. Wow, looked like I was going to get out of here then. Note the sarcasm.

"If they don't pay up soon, we'll have to just kill him. He's no use to us if they won't pay the £100,000," the guy said. I wished that I hadn't just heard that, I didn't want to die. Preferably I would like to die when I'm old and wrinkled with a beautiful wife and hopefully kids. Possible wives would definitely include Maisie Daniels or Megan Fox, either would be great.

"You do know they'll be here soon to get me," I shouted confidently, I wasn't scared of them, even though I probably should be.

"You should be quiet, Malik, you don't know what we get up to," the larger of the two said, re-entering. He walked over to me slowly, his hand in his pocket feeling for something. He pulled out a photo on a piece of paper. A photo of Maisie. He then continued to pull out four more, five in total. Maisie, Safaa, my Mum, Waliyha and Doniya. Why would they have them? It looked so recent. Wait, were they following them? "If you don't do what we say then..." He teared the photo of Maisie in half, "...she'll be joining you in hell, along with the rest of them,"

"Don't talk about my family like that!" I shouted. Somehow, probably caused by anger, I suddenly had loads of strength. I pulled myself from the cold, wet ground and threw myself towards the guy with the pictures. Seconds later, my fist collided with his jaw and he stumbled backwards. I went to hit him again but the other guy threw me on the floor. All I'm going to say is... Ow! Concrete floor is just as hard as it looks. The guy that I had hit stood up straight and glared at me. His lip was bleeding, pretty badly too. I'm glad. The pair left the room.

Ouch. That got to me, like it was supposed to. They could do what ever they wanted to me but hurt Maisie, any of the boys or my family and they'd regret it, for their whole lives. Nobody messes with me and my family.

I needed to figure out how to get out of here, just in case nobody was coming to my rescue. There was still barely any light so I couldn't really do much because I physically couldn't see anything.

I shuffled over to where I remembered the door being. I felt the door and reached for the handle. I stayed sitting on the floor just in case the 'thugs' came back in. It was unlocked. I stood up slowly listening closely to see if the people were still outside. Luckily, I couldn't hear their voices so they must've gone. I cautiously pulled the door open. Very. Bad. Idea.

They weren't gone from outside. Their eyes became wide when they saw me standing in front of them. I guess they didn't expect me to try and fight back after that little, lets say, brawl. To be honest, I may of just been a little bit scared myself but I wasn't going to let them know that. We stood staring at each other for a few seconds, neither of us knowing what to do. One of them soon decided what to do, throwing their fist at my jaw. Ouch. I stumbled backwards and fell to the floor hitting my head, once again, on the way down.

I felt my body beginning to shut down. This must be the end, I was going to die. I gave up fighting and let my body carry on. I blacked out moments later, again. The last thing I remembered was hearing the key turn inside the lock. That was now my most hated noise in the world, I don't think I would be able to cope hearing it again. It was definitely driving me insane. What if that was the last thing I was ever going to see or hear? Two ugly thugs and a key in a lock. Great memories.