Chapter 41

Maisie's POV

I rolled over to see Liam asleep with his mouth hanging open. Aw, he was catching flies again. I laughed and grabbed my phone off of the bedside table. 01:24pm. I must of had a good time last night. I can't remember much of it but I think I had a good time. All I remember was Liam telling me I was his world and me telling him I trust him but other than that, I have no clue what happened.

My head was pounding and when I tried to stand up, the room began to spin ending in me collapsing back on to the bed. "Ugh," I groaned, rubbing my head. I tried once more to stand up and thankfully, I stayed on my feet. I grabbed the nearest chunky cardigan, throwing it around my shoulders while putting my arms through the two holes.

I heard the TV on downstairs so somebody must have been up. I kissed Liam's forehead and strolled down the stairs, towards the kitchen. I immeadiately made myself a glass of water. I chugged that down along with two asprins. I hate hangovers.

"You're finally awake then," Harry said as I flopped onto the sofa next to him. I nodded which was a huge mistake. I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples.

"Ugh, I hate hangovers," I mumbled.

"You obviously don't remember what happened last night then?" He asked smirking.

"No, why? What the hell happened?" I interogated him. I was worried now, I do really stupid things when I'm drunk but who doesn't. I'm one of those that gets all emotional when I'm drunk.

"Oh nothing," he replied, his eyes wondering around the room. He was suddenly taking an interest in the wallpaper.

"Styles? Don't make me slap you," I half-joked.

"Oh, you know, you just confessed your love for me and that," he said cheekily.

"What?!" I exclaimed. My eyes grew wide. A sly grin appeared on his face.

"Just kidding, you didn't really but I got ya. You should've seen your face," He laughed. I just shook my head and hit him on the arm. "But you was crying to us all about how you was so thankful for everything. You went through literally everything, you ended up having a conversation with the stars in the sky, so yeah. But you seemed to have fun,"

"Wow," I paused. I knew exactly what the whole talking to the sky thing was about. I may of been missing Zayn a little bit. He was my best-friend, I'm allowed to miss him sometimes. "Well it was birthday, I am allowed,"

Harry laughed as I rubbed my head again. The asprin wasn't helping at all. Liam strolled in moments later rubbing his head too. I smiled at how he looked as if he was suffering just as much as me.

"Morning babe," he said and gave me a peck on the lips. He then literally fell into the other sofa. He stretched his legs out while closing his eyes again. He'd just woke up, how could he still be tired? Then again, I have no idea what time we went to bed last night or possibly this morning. Ugh.

Knock, knock.

Liam, Harry and I looked at each other to see if anybody was expecting anyone. None of us were so Harry headed to the door to see who it was.

"Um, guys. I think you should come here," he called from the hallway. Liam and I looked at each other confused. Harry didn't sound to happy, he sounded kind of scared. We walked towards the door cautiously. I stared straight out of the door but nothing was there. Liam's hand guided my face towards the floor. Oh my gosh.

"Somebody read the note," Harry said obviously panicked by the situation. On the doorstep was a box without a lid on. It had various drawings and sketches folded up inside of it. It looked extremely like Zayn's old drawings. His art was always extremely important to him.

I bent down and picked up the small note on the top of the drawings. I unfolded it and began to read it aloud.

"I had been planning to leave you the whole time. Didn't you ever notice how quiet I was? How distant I had been? I never liked the attention. I planned to leave you all and go to art school but one of you wouldn't let that happen, would you? No, so you killed me! But didn't you ever notice how weird it was that they never found my body? I could've escaped and maybe I'm alive right now, or did I escape? You'll never know. I hope you feel guilty for the rest of you life, Zayn." I read it aloud.

"Surely this is just some sick joke," Liam said breathing extra fast.

"I have no idea," I said, "What if this is actually Zayn?"

"It can't be, he...he died," Harry stuttered. I picked up the box and took inside. I placed it on the kitchen counter as Liam and Harry stood either side of me. I started to look through the drawings.

"Wait, Mais, what are you doing?" Liam asked.

"Shush a sec, I'm looking for something," I replied focusing on what I was doing. I began to lay each one in front of me, all the left corners next to each other, "it is, it really is. These are Zayn's drawings, he did these. Look," I pointed to each of the corners. Each one had a signature in the corner. There was no mistaking that these were his, his signature was too complicated to copy.

Harry started to flip some of them over, scanning his eyes over the back. Liam and I just watched him wondering what he was doing.

"What's the date today?" He asked quietly.

"Um, the 27th, I think," Liam replied.

"Oh dear God," he sighed and rested his hands on his head. He stared at the artwork in front of him.