Chapter 54

Maisie's POV

"We know Zayn is alive, we have him. Pay £100,000 and you can have the boy back. No negotiations, just the money by Friday at 12 o'clock or the pop star is dead," Simon read the letter to us as we sat in front of his desk, listening closely.

"When did you know he was alive?" Simon asked. Louis, Liam, Niall and Harry's heads turned towards me. Thanks guys. Simon raised his eyebrows at me waiting for my explanation.

"Um, I was out on a jog a few days ago and I ran into him. That's when I found out. Liam found out a couple of hours after me," I explained. He nodded.

"You know you should have come to me straight away?" He asked. I nodded like a naughty school girl being told off. I stared at my shoes while he told me off. "But, it's nice to think that you can handle things on your own,"

I smiled. He told us that he wasn't going to pay the money. The police were apparently going to 'sort it'. I sighed as he told us this. Once again Zayn was causing trouble, just like I expected. Plus, they were putting his life in people's hands who are just going to 'sort it'. To be honest, they didn't seem very enthusiastic about saving him.

Liam and I, along with the boys, were walking down the stairs to get to the van. As soon as we got outside there was a load of people surrounding the van. Our security guards were making a small gap in between the people to the van door.

People were asking questions about Zayn again. All of us ignored them and just focused on safely getting into the black Volkswagen.

I sat in the back seat with Liam by my side. The door closed, shutting out all of the noise from outside. Harry and Louis sat together, no surprise there, a bit of Larry Stylinson once in a while wouldn't hurt anyone, while Niall sat on his own behind them. He was sitting in front of Liam and I. I stared out of the window as the van drove away from Syco Records.

I looked at, and admired, all of the scenery we drove past. I never really took an interest in the city we lived in. I had always thought of it being a really boring, dull place where nothing happened, except from a pop star 'dying' in a park, of course.

Zayn's POV

All I remember was hanging out in my bedroom and then being hit on the head with something heavy. Everything after that was a blur, until I woke up.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was in a room with grey, stone walls. My head was on the cold concrete and I tried to sit up. It hurt, but I managed to lean against one of the walls. A horrible pain was in my head so I rose my hand to my head and felt around to see what was going on.

I looked at my hand. It was covered in vivid red blood. I closed my eyes and groaned. I had no clue where I was or what had happened. A few minutes later I heard a key turning in a lock. I looked over to the door. A hand reached in and placed a bottle of water by the door.

I struggled to get over to the door but finally managed to get there. I picked up the bottle and looked at it. I was cautious because they could've put anything in it. I didn't really care, I was too thirsty. My mouth was dry and I was clearly dehydrated. I took a sip but a few minutes later I felt my body slip into a relaxed state.

I wasn't completely asleep but I wasn't fully awake either. I knew there would probably be something in the water. Never mind. I heard the same noise as before, a key turning in a lock. I felt somebody pick my limp body up and drag me somewhere. I tried to open my eyes or just move a little bit but it wouldn't work.

That's when I started to worry. What had happened to me? Had somebody poisoned me? I needed to know what was going on. I didn't like this. I didn't like being unable to control my own body, it didn't feel right. It didn't even feel like I was in my own body, it was all very strange.