Chapter 31

Liam's POV

She was here, she was actually here. Is it wrong of me that I'm not excited? Or not happy she's here? She's my girlfriend, I'm supposed to love her, but I don't. Not anymore. I did, but now I don't. I fell out of love with her but how am I supposed tell her? I don't want to hurt her but surely if I lie to her, it'll hurt her anyway, right?

"You're actually here," I said, in almost a whisper.

"Yep," she smiled at me. She soon planted her lips on mine. I didn't kiss her back though but I think she sensed that I didn't want to kiss her. She pulled away and looked directly into my eyes. "Are you okay, babe?"

"Um, yeah, just shocked," I half-lied. I was shocked but for all the wrong reasons. "How long are you here for?"

"Only for a couple of days but two days is enough to see you," she replied. She kissed my lips once more. "Louis invited me, he said you missed me. Did you?"

"Of course I did," I lied again. I tried to force a smile but that wasn't a real smile. I really should stop lying to her.

I helped her take her bags up to my room. We sat on my bed, speaking about how she has been and what she's been up to. Overall she's been okay, which is good. I'm glad she's been all right.

* * *

I got into bed and Sophia followed. She was facing away from me, I was glad. I don't think I could cope looking into her eyes once more. I wrapped my arm around her waist. I didn't really want to make her think that I did love her but I couldn't bare her thinking that I didn't. It would hurt her. She's too fragile.

* * *

"Good morning," Sophia said as she fluttered her eyes open.

"Morning," I replied. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I barely got any sleep last night, so many things were whizzing round my head. I stood up, staring at myself in the mirror on my wardrobe. What had I become? "I'm just going to quickly jump in the shower,"

"Ok baby, I'll meet you downstairs in a bit," she replied. She also got out of bed and gave me a quick kiss. As she pulled away I simply gave her smile. I always had a shower when I needed to clear my mind.

This time it didn't help, it made everything worse. I kept going over and over everything. My head was clouded with all sorts of things. How was I going to tell Soph? How was I going to tell Maisie? I was way too confused right now to make any sudden decisions. I think I will wait til Soph goes home and then decide what to do. At least then if I do break up with her, I won't have to see her cry. I hate seeing her cry.