Chapter 12

Maisie's POV

It was Saturday afternoon and I was getting ready for mine and Niall's date. I didn't know where we were going. I was told to dress casual but not to casual. I went with leggings and a turquoise tank top with a black, chunky cardigan.

I put some light make-up on. I applied some foundation, mascara, eyeliner and some lip gloss. I didn't put too much on because I didn't know where we were going. I know that Niall said casual but I was just being prepared.

I added some loose, natural curls to my hair and I think I was ready. I was back at home for today. I walked down the stairs. Emily walked out of the kitchen as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Wow, you look great!" She exclaimed.

"Are you sure?" I asked. I was so worried. I didn't know if I was too casual or too dressed up. I had no clue.

"Look Maisie, I'm sure whatever you wear, Niall will love it. He loves you, not how you dress. Please just stop worrying," she reassured me. I smiled.

The doorbell rang minutes later. I really was nervous now but I suppose that's just normal. I walked towards the door. My hand hovered over the handle for a few seconds before I pulled the door open.

There stood Niall, as handsome as ever. He was wearing his usual black skinny jeans and a nice white shirt. He did actually look really nice.

"Hey," he said nervously. I smiled. It was cute that he was just as nervous as me.

"Hey Niall," I replied.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded. I looked back at Emily. She gave me a thumbs up and I followed Niall down the path. We got into the car and he drove off.

"So, where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise," he replied smiling.

"Ok then," I replied slightly laughing. I really didn't like surprises and Niall knew it too. I hadn't told the rest of the boys about going on a date with Niall, but I think Niall told them. Zayn has been weird with me.

He soon pulled up outside of the bowling alley. "We're going bowling!?" I exclaimed. I hadn't been bowling for what felt like forever. I think the last time I went bowling I was about four. I remember that I had to use one of them black things that helps you.

"Yup," he replied, "is that okay?" He asked nervously.

"Of course it is, anything with you would be great," I admitted. He smiled. We both got out of the car and began to walk towards the building. We entered and then headed down the stairs to the alleys.

We waited in the queue for a while. Once we reached the desk, we told the boy behind the counter our shoe sizes. We handed over our shoes and got the bowling shoes in return. Niall led me over to the first lane.

"You wanna go first?" Niall asked.

"Sure, why not?" I answered. He put our names into the machine. It turns out Niall is actually really good at bowling and then there's me who couldn't bowl for the life of me.

We had a really great time and after we had got our shoes on we walked back to the car, hand in hand.

"Thank you, Niall," I said when we reached the car.

"It's okay," he paused. "Listen, Maisie, will you....will you be my......my girlfriend?" He asked nervously. It was so cute that he got so nervous about it.

I smiled. "I'd love to," his face lit up immediately. His strong arms embraced me into a hug. I hugged him back. We broke apart and I looked directly into his eyes.

Niall's POV

She actually wanted to be my girlfriend, I couldn't believe it. I hugged her so tightly that I think I may of almost killed her. I released her, she stared into my eyes for what felt like eternity but her eyes were so beautiful.

I lent forward a little bit. There was now only a small gap between us, Maisie pushed herself up onto her tip-toes and closed the gap. It was magical. It wasn't rushed, it was just perfect. I think I did actually love Maisie.

We broke apart and got into the car. "I had so much fun today Niall, it was absolutely great. Thank you so much. I hope we can do it again sometime," thanked me.

"I really enjoyed spending time with you too so I'd love to do it again," I replied and smiled. I intertwined my spare hand with hers and carried on driving back to my house. I pulled up outside. We both stepped out of car and walked up the driveway. The door was unlocked so we walked straight in. I was the last one in and after I closed the door Maisie just stood there staring at me with a smile on her face.

I stepped closer to her. She wrapped her hands around my neck and kissed my lips softly. I kissed her back and rested my hands around her waist.

"Uhmm," Zayn kind of coughed as he walked off the bottom step and into the kitchen. I released Maisie.

"What's his problem?" I asked her, a bit annoyed. Am I not allowed to kiss my girlfriend now?