Chapter 21

One Week Later

Stella's P.O.V.

It's been a week and Kaiden is still glaring at Kat every time he sees her. I have stayed in the room away from him and it's turned us both into a complete wreck. He refuses to except Kat and until he excepts her I don't want him around. I was currently getting dressed to take Kat to her first day of school. I had gave up on school and got my GED. "Mommy when can we leave?" I looked at Kat and smiled. "Very soon. I need some shoes then we can go sweetheart." She nods then runs to get her bag. I grab my shoes from the closet and put them on. I was glad Kat was calling me her mom. I just wish Kaiden would be a father to her. I went downstairs and saw Kaiden coming out of the kitchen. Kat walked up to him and he looked down at her. "What do you want?" He asked rudely. I was about to go down but Kat spoke. "Why do you hate my mommy?" She asked him and he stiffened. "I don't hate Stella. I love her." He said. "Then why does she cry all the time because of you?" She asked with a glare at him. I watched as Kaiden tried to walk away but Kat stopped him. "Is it because of me?" She looked sad as she asked. He stared at her then sighed. "I don't hate you kid, I just don't like that you've stolen her from me." He looked broken as he spoke. "I didn't mean to do that...." She whispered to herself and looked at the ground. Kaiden looked around, not seeing me, then looked back at Kat. "Hey, don't be sad, I will talk to her ok. She won't be sad anymore." He smiled as Kat looked up at him with a happy face. "You don't need to talk to me. I heard it all." I said as I made my way down to them. "Stella." Kaiden looked at me then grabbed me and hugged me tight against his chest. "I swear it won't happen again. I love you Stella, I love you so much." I hugged him and Kat came over and hugged us as well. I smiled as she did. "Come on sweetie we need to get you to school." I said as we pulled apart. "I'll drive." Kaiden grabbed his keys and ran out the door. I smiled and followed him out, holding Kat's hand. We got in the car and drove to the school. "I have to take her in." I said and he nods. This was a werewolf school. Kids may pick on her, which was going to be a problem. I had told her about us and she took it well. I had even shown her my wolf which made her scared at first but she got used to it. "Alright I'll come with you." I nod at him and we get out. We walk her in and into the office. The secretary saw us and stood immediately. "Alpha, Luna, what an honor." She bows her head and I just smile. "I'm here to finish Kat's enrollment." I said and she nods. "Of course, here you are." She hands me some paper with a smile and I quickly fill them out. "Alright that's all, come with me and I'll show you to her new class." She gets out from behind the counter and we follow her out of the office. I look at Kat who is holding my hand. She is very nervous for her first day. "What if they don't like me?" She asked and I laughed. "They'd have to be stupid not too." She smiles at that until we stop. "This is it." The woman knocks and a boy answers. He looks at Kat and smiles at her then looks at the woman. "Hi Mrs. Blake." He says. "Hello dear, I need to speak to your teacher." He nods and lets us in. "Mrs. Holland, we have your new student." I look in and recognize Lucy as the teacher. I smile. She was a kind woman and would keep my little Kat safe. "Oh Stella!" She hugs me as we walk in and I hug her back. "Hi Lucy, this is my daughter." I nod towards Kat who looks shy. "What's your name sweetheart?" She asked Kat. "Hi, I'm Kat." She said shyly. I smile and look at Lucy. "I'd like to speak to your class." She nods and I turn to the class. "Hello everyone." I smile. "Hello Luna." I roll my eyes but keep smiling. "Now, this is my daughter, Kat. I want you all to be very kind to her. She is different than everyone here. Kat is not a wolf. But if I learn someone has bullied her, you will be in trouble." I see a glimpse of fear in their eyes as they nod. I turn to Lucy again. "Thank you, we must be going now. Kat be good and make some new friends." She nods with a smile and we turn to leave. "Alright I'd like someone to volunteer to help Kat around school till she understands everything. Oh yes, Luke, thank you dear. Kat you may sit beside Luke." I hear as we leave and I smile as I see it's the boy from before. We make our way back to the car. "I hope she does ok." I said and felt Kaiden slide his arm around me. "Oh stop worrying. She's gonna be fine Stella." I nod and he helps me in the car. We get back home and get breakfast. After eating Kaiden pulls me upstairs. "So what do you wanna do for the rest of the day?" I ask and he shrugs. I sit on our bed. "We could start by moving all your stuff back in here and giving Kat a room closer to ours." He looks at me as he speaks and I laugh. "Alright let's do that." He smiles and practically runs to the other room and begins putting it all in separate piles between Kat's things and my things. I help him and we take it all back to our room. After getting all my things put away we find a room a little ways down from ours. I look at my watch. "3 hours till Kat comes home. I have some ideas." I smile and he sighs. "Ugh fine." He groans. "I already have everything too." I smile and he sighs again but this time with relief. "Lets get to work then."

Two and a half hours later we are completely done with the room we had some machine thing to make sure the paint was dry and we had a bunch of things shipped here then we put them in her room. It looked pretty good if you ask me. I look at my watch. "I need to go pick her up wanna come?" I asked and he smiles. "Sure thing." We get in the car and drive to the school in silence. We wait outside for school to let out and when it does we get out and head in. Kaiden takes my hand and I smile. We're walking to her class, avoiding small children as we do until there aren't many left. We stop when we hear laughing. "You're human? Nobody will ever like you. Even if you are the Alpha and Luna's daughter." I was about to step in but Kaiden held me back. "What?" I growled. "Just hold on." I did as he said. "Yes I will. Some people already said they wanna be my friend." She said back. "Yeah only to make the teacher like them. Nobody likes humans." The other girl said. I wanted to go but Kaiden still held me back. As Kat spoke again I could tell she was about to cry. "That's not true!" She yelled at the girl and the girls friends. "Yes it is, nobody will ever like you, you'll never fit in." I was doing everything not to run out there and rip the kid to shreds. "Oh look, the little human is crying. See you're weak." The girls said again. "Hey! Leave her alone Vivian." I stopped and look to see the boy from before, Luke, walking over to Kat. He put his arm around her and started leading her away. "Find somebody else to pick on." He said. I look at Kaiden who is smiling. I smile as well then we walk out in the open. "Kat, sweetie what's wrong?" I asked her as she looked up at me. "Vivian was jus-" Luke was cut off by Kat. "I fell down and hit my head." She told me. I look at Luke and he looks a little shocked as he turns and glares at the other girl. He looks up at me and I nod. He smiles. "Bye Kat. I'll see you tomorrow." He says as he turns to leave. Kat smiles at him. "Bye Luke." He smiled at her then ran over and gave her a hug. I smile and look at Kaiden who is glaring at the boy. I hit his arm and he looks at me and smirks. "You ready Kat?" I ask. She turns to my and nods. "Yeah!" She takes my hand and we take her to the car with Luke walking with us and going to his father who was waiting for him. I recognized the man as one of the pack fighters. We get in the car and head home to show Kat her new surprise.

Aw Kaiden finally accepts little Kat! Hope you liked this chapter! Please tell me your opinions! I'd love to have more people comment and vote!
-ShadowWolf