Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Stella's P.O.V.

I woke up in the back seat of a car. I tried to sit up only to be pulled back down. I looked up to see Peter smiling at me. "Hey sweetheart." He pulled me on his lap. "What happened?" I asked and looked to see Tate and Andrew in the front seats. "Well you passed out. And if you're wondering where Lacken is.. She found her mate." He said quietly. "Who's her mate?" His face turned deadly. "His name is Alec. He's the beta of Kaiden's pack." I looked and saw anger on Tate's face. "She didn't even come say bye to us. She was worried about you until she saw him. She just walked away laughing like a hyena. It pisses me off." Tate growled. "Tate she found her mate. Its normal for that to happen." I admit I was hurt that she didnt say bye, but I guess I wouldn't understand how it was. "She completely ignored the fact that you passed out right out of nowhere Stella. You two are best friends, she should have at least tried to see if you were ok!" Peter growled as Tate spoke again. "Well she's fine now Titus. Lacken doesn't matter right now. We need to get home." He sounded mad. I looked up at him. "Are you alright?" I said where only he could hear. He didnt answer, just looked at me with sadness. I decided I'd ask him later.
We got to the house an hour later. Peter got out and helped me out before taking my hand and walking inside. "Hey Peter?" He turn to look at me. "Yes angel?" He said to me. "Can we go get dinner tonight?" I smiled up at him and he smiled back. "Yes. I need an escape!" He hugged me and spun me around. I laughed as he finally set me down on my feet. "Where do you wanna go?" He smiled. I laughed. "I wanna go to Olive Garden." He smirked as I said this. "As you wish. Go get dressed I'll meet you back down here in an hour." He ran up the stairs and I laughed as I followed behind. I got to my room and went to my closet. I picked out a short tight black dress with black heels to match. After making sure I looked ok I sat on my bed and played on my phone until it was time to go. I walked downstairs and saw Peter waiting. He wasnt looking at me so I quietly snuck up on him. I jumped on his back and he almost fell to the ground as I held on, laughing. "Ha! Gotcha that time!" I kissed his cheek and he laughed. "Yeah you did." He set me on my feet then turn to face me. He smiled. "You look beautiful. Are you ready to go?" He asked. "Thank you and yes I am so ready!" I smiled up at him and he laughed. "Then lets go. I told Tate we were going out already so we're good to go." He took my hand and pulled me out the door to his car.
We got to the restaurant about twenty minutes later and got seats fast with our pack owning the place. "So what are you getting sweetheart?" He smiled at me over his menu. "I am getting the chicken fetticenii alfredo. What are you getting?" I set my menu down as I spoke. "Same." He laughed and I smiled at him. He had the sweetest laugh. Nothing compared to Kaid- wait what am I thinking?! He didnt even fight to get me to stay he let me walk away. If he wants me then he has to work for it. My wolf growled at me at that but I ignored her. The waiter brought our food and we ate and talked. When we were done eating I looked up at Peter. "So tell me what's wrong." I said as I took a drink of my Dr Pepper. His smile disappeared and he stared down at the table. "Can we go somewhere else to talk about this?" He sounded so sad. I nodded and we paid. then went to the car.

We got to the house and he led me out into the woods. "So what is it Peter?" I asked quietly. "Nothing Stella." He said quietly. I could tell he was lying. "Peter.. I can tell something is wrong. Please tell me." I took his hand and he looked up at me. "You're going to leave me..." He had tears in his eyes now. "Oh Peter... I'm not going anywhere for a while you know that.." But I knew that wasn't what he ment. "Stella.. you are going to leave ME.. to go back to your mate.. I knew this would happen.. I just.. I shouldn't have let myself.." He stopped. "Shouldnt have let yourself what?" I asked. He stopped and turn to face me. "I shouldn't have let myself fall in love with you." He said quietly as tears rolled down his cheek. I was shocked. I always knew Peter liked me but I never thought he would love me. "Peter.. I.." He suddenly pulled me to him and kissed me. I was to shocked to do anything but stand there at first. I surprised myself then by kissing him back. He pulled away and backed away from me. "Im so sorry Stella.. I shouldn't.. I shouldn't have done that.." He stared at me as he spoke. I smiled then. "Then I guess I shouldnt do this?" I took a step towards him and kissed him again. He immediately took over and kissed me back with a low growl. My wolf was fighting me for control but I fought back. I had never kissed a boy in my entire life, I was tired of being the good girl. He suddenly pulled away with both of us breathing heavily. "Oh my god.. that.. wow." He smiled at me and I laughed. "To much?" I asked. He laughed and shook his head. "Stella.. I know you will go back to your mate.. but till then.. will you be my girlfriend?" He looked terrified as he asked. I smiled. "Yes." Right as I said it he lift me up and spun me around the small area we were in. "Thank you!" He kissed me again but this time it was just a small sweet kiss. "Lets get back to the house I'm tired." I took his hand and he nodded with a huge smile. I knew I'd probably go back to Kaiden some day but why should I keep waiting when I knew Peter would take me knowing I'd eventually leave.. maybe. We got to the house and went up to our own rooms. I got dressed and sat on my bed with my phone in my hand playing a game. Peter came in and we lay on the bed and fell asleep.

If you like it comment please! I love seeing you opinions so please tell me what you think:) Don't forget to check out my other books as well!
-ShadowWolf