Chapter 17

Stella's P.O.V.

Kaiden led me to our room. "What is it?" He asked. "James is dead.. he killed himself." He stared at me in shock. "Alister is to afraid to take over the pack and Asher can't take on that responsibility... Asher is hurting and I don't know what to do..." I finally broke down in tears. I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me close. "What if they joined our pack?" I looked up at him. "What?" I still had tears running down my face. "We have plenty of room and they need us." I smiled at him. "I don't know why I never thought of that before. Thank you Kaiden!" I hugged him and he laughed. "We can head back down tomorrow ok but we all need some rest." I nod and he pulls me down so that we are laying on the bed. I lay my head on his chest and drift to sleep.

I woke up the next morning alone. I sat up and saw that Kaiden was not in the room. I got out of bed and got dressed then head to the hospital room. I walk in and see Aria asleep and Jamie sitting beside her. "How's she doing?" I asked and he looked at me. "She's healing slowly.." I nod. "Kaiden told me about James and the Howlers pack." I just shrug. "We are supposed to go out there today." I said and he nods. "It's a good thing, you know that right? We need new people and Alister and Ash don't know how to run a pack. I think it will be good for them to join us." I smiled at him as he spoke. I felt an arm go around my waist and turn to see Kaiden. "You wanna go ahead and head out?" I just nod my head. "Jamie just stay with her, Alec knows about her and he will watch over everything while I'm gone ok?" Jamie just nods as he looks back to Aria. Kaiden and I leave him there and we go to the kitchen. Lots of people are cooking breakfast. "Alpha everything will be ready when you get back." A women said and Kaiden smiled at her. "Thank you Jane, I appreciate all this and I'm sure they will to." She smiled back then turn to me and bowed her head. "Luna." I growled at the name. "Call me Stella." She just laughs and nods. "Ok then, Stella." She turns to go back to telling everyone what to do and I grab a bowl of cherries from the refrigerator before following Kaiden to the car. "So that's to welcome the new pack members?" I ask and he nods. "Jane insisted on cooking for them as soon as I told everyone they were coming. I explained why and they all agree it is best that they join us." He said as we both get in the car. "That's very kind of her." He just nods. "Is something wrong Kaiden?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No, I'm fine." I let it go for now but plan on asking again another time. I plug in my iPod and turn on 'Amnesia' again. I sing quietly.

I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted.

I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted.

And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine.

Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you.

When he says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you.

Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie. If what we had was real, how could you be fine.

I heard Kaiden start singing with me and I smiled and continued with him.

(Both)
Cause I'm not fine at all.

(Kaiden)
I remember the day you told me you were leaving.

I remember the makeup running down your face.

(Stella)
And the dreams you left behind, you didn't need them. Like every single wish we ever made.

(Both)
I wish that I could wake up with Amnisia, and forget about the stupid little things.

(Kaiden)
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you.

(Stella)
And the memories I never can escape.

(Both)
Cause I'm not fine at all.

The song continued but I turn down the radio. "I didn't know you could sing." I smiled at him and he smirked. I rolled my eyes. "I have sang for a while now. I just don't do it in front of people." I roll my eyes. "Well you should start. You're really good." He just shrugs and I laugh as I turn the music buck up and begin singing another song.

Hope you like the chapter! Kaiden sings! Anybody happy about that? I thought about it last second haha well don't forget to vote and comment thanks!
-ShadowWolf