Chapter 18

Stella's P.O.V.

We got to the pack and everything seemed quiet. We got out and were walking to the door when we heard a loud scream. I look at Kaiden and he nods as we both shift and run towards the sound. We get to a small area where we see a little girl being growled at by a group of Howler pack wolves. I snarled at them and they turn to me. They growled. I looked at Kaiden who nods towards the girl. As he runs at the wolves I run to the little girl. She is very skinny and has cuts all over her arms and legs. I get close and realize she's human. I stare in shock then I get to her level. She looks up with terror and I whine softly and nudge her with my head. Her fear seems to vanish. "Puppy?" She reached her hand out and brushed it through my fur. This girl couldn't be older than 9. I let her pet me and I block her view of Kaiden fighting the other wolves. I turn to see two more wolves run in. I bark at them when I realize it's my brother and Alister. Alister looks to his wolves and growls at them. They back away with their heads bowed then they leave. Kaiden shifts and walks over to me after sliding sorts on. He looks at the girl. "Hey there little one, are you alright?" She looks up at him. "Are those mean puppies gone?" She asks. "Yes this one and her friend chased them away." He smiled at me as he spoke and I just sit there. "I like this puppy." The girl said which made me happy. I stand up and run over behind a tree. I shift and slide some clothes on then run back. "Kaiden is she ok?" I ask as I walk back to them. "Yeah she's strong." He smiled. I look at the little girl. "Hi I'm Stella." I say to her and she smiles at me. "I'm Kat-lyn! Or Kat." I smile. "Where are your parents Kat?" I asked. There were big black doggies that attacked them! I tried to wake them up but... they wouldn't wake up.. They just laid there in red stuff.. I was scared when the puppies came back so I ran away. Then those other puppies found me then the nice puppies found me and saved me!" I looked at Kaiden who looked as shocked as I was. "Why were you out in the woods sweetie?" I asked. "Mommy and daddy said we were gonna go for a walk." I nod. I turn to Asher and Alister who were now back to their human forms. "What are you doing here?" Ash asked and I smiled. "Kaiden and I wanted to invite your pack to join our pack." They both looked shocked then Alister smiled. "That would be great. Right Ash?" He look at Asher who also nodded in agreement. "Kaiden go with them I'm staying with Kat." He looks at me and I can tell he's going to argue. I give him a look and he sighs and nods his head. They left and I looked at Kat again. "Can you show me where your mommy and daddy are?" She nods and takes my hand. We walked for a while and she stopped. We were way past the boarder and in rouge territory. "That way." Kat pointed to a spot through the trees. "Can you stay right here? Just yell if you see something and I'll be right here." She nods her head and I leave her hidden by a tree and follow the smell of blood. I get to the area and see the two bodies. I kneel down and realize they are also both human. Just a normal family that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I run back to Kat and she looks up at me. "Are they awake?" I pull her into my arms. "Sweetie they aren't going to be waking up again." I say softly. She realizes what I mean and bursts into tears. I hold her as she cries and I walk back to the territory with her. By the time I get to the pack house she's asleep. Kaiden is standing outside and when he sees me he runs over. "Thank god you're ok, you scared me half to death." He hugged me. I smile. "Everyone is almost ready." He says then looks at Kat in my arms. "We gonna take her somewhere?" He asked. I stare at the little girl in my arms and can't help but feel love for her. "Yes, with us." I say and he growls. "Stella she's a human." I nod. "I know that." I glare at him. "You can't bring a human into a pack of werewolves." He growled. "Yes I can." I glare back. "I am the Alpha and I say you're not bringing a human into my pack." He growled. I took a step back and looked away with hurt. "Yeah... your pack.." I say lowly then turn and walk into the pack house. "Stella wait." He tried to grab my arm but I pulled away and tun to him with a snarl. "No." I said then walk over to check on the other pack. I see many children with their mothers and fathers. I smile until I hear somebody behind me. "What is she doing here?" I turn to see my oh so lovely sister. I'm still holding Kat in my arms and I lay her on the couch then stand up before my sister. "I'm saving your sorry ass." I growl. "Oh please." I glared at her as she spoke. "You're joining my pack." I growl. I emphasize the word my as I speak. I know Kaiden is listening. "What?! No, you're lying." She looked shocked. "No, she's not. She is my Luna, you are joining our pack." I look at him and smile softly. "Damnit." My sister growled and them walked away. "I'm sorry, I got mad and didn't think about what I said.." He said with a look of regret. "I forgive you, but Kat is coming with us." I look up at him. He sighs. "Stella she's human. How is a human supposed to live with a pack of werewolves?" He asked. "What's the difference? Other than the fact that we can turn into gigantic scary wolves." I ask him. "What do you expect to tell her? Stella you can't keep that away from her if she lives under the same roof as a bunch of wolves. She will find out." He argued. "So what? She isn't dangerous Kaiden. She's a little girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time." I say and he sighs in frustration. "What if she's attacked?" I look at him. "You really think I won't protect her as if she's my own?" I ask and he looks shocked. "Ok so not only do you want to bring her into the pack, you want to adopt her, a human." I nod and he stared at me. "I don't see a problem with it." I turn to see Lilly. I smile and run over to hug her. "Hey Stella, Alister told me about the little girl." I turn and look to where Kat lay asleep. "She's so cute." Lilly said as she walked over to Kat. I nod and look at Kaiden who is looking at me. I roll my eyes. "So is everyone almost ready?" He asked Lilly who nods. "Almost got everyone together." He nods. "We will fit as many people into the cars we've got, some people who think they can may shift and run with the cars." She nods. "Some might have too." Asher walks in as he speaks. "Hey Ash." I get up and go hug him. He hugs me tight against him. "Thanks for this Stella." I smile. "Don't thank me, it was actually Kaiden's idea." He smiled as he pulled away and looked at Kaiden. "That's Kai." He said and Kaiden nods. "So you taking the kid to some orphanage or something?" He asked. I growled and so did Lilly. "What'd I do?" He holds his hands up. "She's coming with us. I am not dumping her with a bunch of people she doesn't know." I growl. "But she's human." Asher says and I growl again. "I don't care." He just shrugs and turns to Kaiden. "Everyone is ready and they are coming down now. I was wondering if you'd announce how were doing things." He runs is hand through his hair. Kaiden laughs. "Sure thing." People start walking in. Some look sad. I sit down and pull Kat on my lap. Lilly sits beside me. "Alright listen up. We are going to fit as many people in the cars that we've got but if we can't do that I want some people running in wolf form." People are nodding. "Women with their children will get into the cars first unless they want to run now let's go." I take Kat in my arms and walk outside with everyone else. I watch as people pile into cars. "Lilly tell Alister that you can ride with us." She nods and I can tells she speaking through the mind link. "Ash you can ride with us too if you want." I say and he just nods. I can tell he hasn't gotten any sleep in a while.

When everyone was ready we set off back to the pack. I held Kat in my arms as she slept. She hadn't woken up and I wasn't surprised. She must have been exhausted. I smile at her sleeping face. I look to see Kaiden smiling at me. I smile back and he look to the rode. I look out the window and see the wolves running with us. There had only been about 20 men and teens that ran, most because they wanted to and gave up their spot. I felt Kat move in my arms and look to see her waking up. She opened her eyes and looked at me. She smiled. "Hey Kat, how are you feeling sweetie." She looked around. "I'm ok. Am I in you're car?" She asked. "Yes, me and Kaiden's car." She looks to see Kaiden in the drivers seat and smiles at him. He sighs and looks at the road. I watch her turn and look at Lilly, Alister, and Asher in the back seat. "Who is that?" She asked quietly. I turn around. "That's Asher, my brother. He's very sleepy." I smile as I look at my sleeping brother. "That's Alister, my friend, and Lilly his girlfriend." I smile as they both look at her with a smile. "Hi Kat." Lilly smiles. "Hi!" Kat smiled at her and we all laughed. Kat looks at me again. "Are you my mommy now?" I was taken aback by the question. I looked at Lilly who had a huge smile on her face. I slowly look at Kaiden and saw him smirking.

What do I do?

Stella it's your choice.

You're my wolf you're supposed to help me.

Well if it was me I'd take her in.

Really?

Yes

Ok then.

I cut her off and looked at Kat who was staring at me waiting for an answer. I looked into her chocolate brown eyes and smiled. "Yes."

Stella's a mom?! I wonder how Kai is gonna take that. Do you think she made the right choice? Don't forget to vote AND comment pleeeease!
-ShadowWolf