Chapter 16

Now here comes the depressing chapter!

James' P.O.V.

After running out of the house I ran to my place in the woods. I sat there for an hour at least thinking how I would continue this but came up with nothing, that's when I realized I was not meant to be in this world any longer. I walked back home and snuck up to my room with few people noticing. I began writing.

Dear pack and Stella,

Tell everyone I am sorry, I never meant to hurt anybody, I only wanted to get rid of the pain of loosing my mate. Please tell Emily I still love her.

Sincerely James

Then I took the silver knife from my drawer. I thought of the times I had used this knife on Stella and Aria, I thought about how Emily's rejection had felt like the silver running down my skin and into my heart. I remembered the day I found my precious mate.

FLASHBACK

I was running the patrol around the border when the scent hit me. It smelt like strawberries and cream. I smiled as my wolf went crazy and told me to find the source. I ran towards the direction of the smell and found a girl about my age standing near a pond. She heard me and turn. It was Emily, of my own pack. I shift back and put my clothes of quickly then ran to her. I froze. She was glaring at me. I frowned. "Emily? What's wrong?" I stepped towards her but she backed away. "No, stay away from me." She growled. I stopped. "But you're my mate..." She flinched at the word. "No, I don't have a mate, I am not your mate. You must be mistaken. I'm engaged, to the man I love, I don't want you." It was like a knife to my heart. "I Emily Knight, reject you, James Anderson, as my mate." Then she ran away, leaving me to drop to my knees in pain and cry.

FLASHBACK OVER

That day had been the best and the worst in my entire life. It had been the last time I cried until today. I held the knife in my hand and help the tip against my chest directly over my heart. "Emily.. I love you." and with that I plunged the knife into my chest straight to my heart. I remembered it feeling as if all the pain was lift from my body and I lay on my bed dying. I heard people bust down my door, but it was to late. I smiled as I was brought into darkness.

So here it is. Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote.

5 likes for the next update!
-ShadowWolf