🌟Chapter 19🌟

"W-What's going on, Shoji-kun?" Izuku asked.

"Quiet." Shoji hushed him as they watched as Dark Shadow got closer, "After Mandalay's Telepath about the villain attack telling us to engage, we went on alert immediately. After that, we were attacked by a villain. I covered Tokoyami, hiding in the foliage even as my arm got cut off. Even though it's not a shallow cut, it's not like I've lost it forever. My Dupli-arms can even duplicate my duplicated organs, and what was cut off was a duplicate. But I bet he couldn't even stand that. The Quirk he had been holding back started getting out of control..."

"In deep darkness, he can't control it... I didn't realize his Quirk was so peaky." Izuku commented.

"It was probably his emotions, much like Mukai-san, like righteous indignation and regret that made it even wilder. He kept trying to hold back, but..." Shoji said and stepped back, breaking a twig. Dark Shadow looked in their direction. "It reacts to any movement or sound, turning into a monster that was just lashing out attacks indiscriminately." He continued.

"Forget... about me...Find the others...and help them!" Tokoyami pleaded, "Calm down, Dark Shadow!"

"Dark Shadow's weakness is light, right?" [Y/n] asked, and she clutched her sword, "Then Tokoyami will be safe."

"No, [Y/n]... You're already at your limit." Izuku warned, "What if you lose sight your right eye?"

"If I don't do anything to help Tokoyami-kun, he'll be consumed by his Quirk." [Y/n] said while putting her sword away, "If it's anything like my Quirk, he's in pain."

"But-" [Y/n] ran towards Tokoyami.

Dark Shadow tried to swing at her, but [Y/n] dodged it. She could see peaks of ice in the gaps of the trees. [Y/n] thought for a moment. If she used any of the Quirks in her arsenal now, it could cause further damage to her body. All she could hope to do is expel energy from her Quirk.

"Shoji-kun, I need you to lead Dark Shadow in that direction. I can see some ice up ahead meaning Sho-chan could be there, and I'll follow him with my light! My light is strong but not as big as Sho-chan's fire." [Y/n] demanded.

Shoji nodded, showing he understood, and began to run, having Dark Shadow follow him. [Y/n] winced in pain as her light grew brighter.

[Y/n] followed after them. As they ran, [Y/n]'s eyes widened a bit when Todoroki and Katsuki came into view. She was so focused on getting to them that she didn't notice the villain she ran past.

"Such pretty flesh!" He said and his teeth came shooting at her.

Dark Shadow suddenly grabbed the villain. "Don't touch her! Small fry!" Dark Shadow said and began to smash him through the trees then threw him.

[Y/n] blinked in confused. 'He protected me?' She thought.

"I haven't had enough fun yet!" Dark Shadow said and was about to attack [Y/n], but Todoroki and Katsuki used their Quirks to stop him.

[Y/n] panted as her light slowly subsided. "Sorry... Thanks for saving me." Tokoyami said.

[Y/n] stumbled over to her classmate, felling weak. "Are you okay, Tokoyami-kun?" [Y/n] asked.

"I'm sorry, [Y/n]-san, Shoji...You too, Midoriya... I was too immature..." Tokoyami muttered, "I let my anger take over and released Dark Shadow. The influence of the darkness and my anger spurred on that guy... In the end, it got so strong that I couldn't hold it back and ended up hurting Shoji."

[Y/n] knelt down in front of him, taking off her mask. "Tokoyami-kun...." Everyone's eyes widened at the sight of [Y/n] dull, lifeless, blood-shot [e/c] left eye. She gave a weak, reassuring smile as a single tear of blood rolled down her cheek.