🌟Chapter 14🌟

"Deku, you're up next, right? You're not going to the exam area?" Uraraka asked.

[Y/n] frowned a bit and looked to the side. 'Am I invisible?' She thought. "Oh, yeah, it is, but I'll watch everyone fight until the last minute. It's useful to see how everyone's using their Quirks, but I feel like I'm getting strength by watching them. Everyone is really amazing. Even if they didn't pass, they fought until the end. These are students of U.A. who never give up." Izuku explained.

[Y/n] looked up at the screen. 'Never give up...' It sounds stupid and cliche, saying it out loud. But, [Y/n] slowly began to understand her classmate's hero dreams. Still...she didn't know her hero dream.

"Well..." Iida began.

"There's one..." Yaoyorozu said.

"...who's completely given up." Tsu finished.

On the screen, they could see Mineta running away with tears in his eyes. [Y/n] gave a deadpanned look.

"Mineta-kun?!" Izuku said.

Scratch that, she'll never understand why certain people wanted to be a hero.

"But, is it really that surprising?" [Y/n] questioned, and everyone muttered on how it wasn't that surprising.

"But he was looking forward to the training camp so much. Why is he running away?" Izuku asked.

"If it's gotten that far, it might be hard for him..." Recovery Girl began, "For this practical exam, All Might, Mic, Cementoss, and Midnight are all especially hard. Depending on the person, it isn't hard to imagine someone being checkmated or feeling like they are." They watched as Mineta began crying blood.

"It might be hard for a kid like that to survive in a place like this." Recovery Girl continued.

"What do you mean?" Izuku asked.

"U.A. is constantly preparing walls and making students overcome them. In order to keep overcoming those walls without losing steam, the students need a concrete goal to focus on. It's not so easy a path that one can climb it with a vague feeling of wanting to be a hero."

[Y/n]'s eyes widened a bit. "True..." She muttered.

"Even if they do become heroes, people whose end goal is to become a hero have no future. In the end, is there a goal in that child's heart that he can focus on?" Recovery Girl asked.

[Y/n] watched as Mineta used his sticky grape balls to stick Midnight far away from the gate. She quietly cheered him on while he struggled to get to the gate.

[Y/n] felt Izuku grab her hand and pull her out of the monitor room towards the area where they were assigned to. [Y/n] looked down at their hands, and she had that fuzzy feeling that she did before. Her heart was racing, and [Y/n] felt light on her feet. She couldn't pinpoint why she felt like this towards her best friend.

"[Y/n]-chan? Are you alright?" Izuku asked while placing his hand on her forehead. He noticed her flushed face and her hyperfiltrating.

"I-I'm okay. Let's go." [Y/n]'s voiced cracked, and she jogged in front of him. As they approached the field, [Y/n] slowed down because Katsuki was standing there. He turned and glared at them.

"Team Midoriya, Bakugo and Mukai, practical exam. Ready, Go!" They entered the field, and Katsuki continued to glare at Izuku then he walked forward. Izuku and [Y/n] looked at each other then followed Katsuki.

"K-Kacchan, for this exam, the teacher is the villain, and we're the heroes. So we need to keep in mind the villain's combat ability and choose to either fight or run, but in our case, the villain is All Might and fighting against him is dangerous--I think it's a bad idea, anyway--" Izuku explained, and Katsuki kept walking.