Reverse Harem 2

Unfortunately, one of the worst parts of this story was that my character was also the childhood sweetheart of Jake, the cold prince stereotype in the harem. They had grown up together, frequently promising to get married when they "grew up." Despite his cold personality, he had always been relatively friendly to her, treating her with a special care that the poor side character had thought to be a demonstration of his loving feelings.

That illusion was broken when he actually fell in love with the heroine.

Initially she tried to deny it, tried to follow him around, win his affection back. This backfired, causing him to treat her with disdain and anger rather than his usual calm acceptance from their childhood. As the days passed, she couldn't ignore the difference in how he treated Rose from how he spoke to her. Forced to realize that the boy she loved was in love with her best friend instead, the character shifted into a villain type, trying to break them apart.

Of course, since this was a high school drama, and she was not the heroine, her plans failed miserably. After hitting rock bottom, she was stopped by Jake while attacking the heroine with a knife at the Spring Formal, falling on her own weapon and being taken to the hospital in critical condition. Her life and death was unknown by the time the story was dropped.

The only light in all this was that I had apparently been dropped in the story fairly early on, when my character had just learned about Jake's feelings.

Watching the young man approach, I could feel my character's desperate love and devotion well up inside me, the sadness she felt at his indifferent gaze. Forcing the foreign emotions down, I kept my expression calm and unconcerned, greeting him with a wave.

"Can I help you?"

Jake paused, obviously taken aback by my casual response. His posture was relaxed, showing off his brand name clothes. I took the opportunity to study him. In the story, he was the son of a famous musician, a genius painter himself. He was adored by all the girls in the school, but despite his popularity was unable to gain the affection of the heroine.

Why are all the male leads in this story rich and handsome? I'd like to lodge a complaint.

"What were you doing in there?"

"..." I raised my eyebrows at his sudden question. "... I was in the bathroom. What do YOU think I was doing?"

"You were in there a long time... were you crying?" Despite the question sounding concerned, there was an almost... satisfied tone to it. I felt a stab of pain in my heart, a vanishing remnant of my character's despairing feelings.

Typical male lead, all the love goes to the heroine.

I smiled. "I was in there a while because I was taking a crap."

"..."

"Any other questions?"

"..."

Ignoring his dumbfounded expression, I waved goodbye and turned to leave, feeling satisfied.

"You need to give up on me." Jake called out towards my back.

I paused, turning back around. "I have."

"I don't believe you! You're just lying so that I won't push you away."

I felt my blood ignite at his smug expression. Even if they weren't my emotions, there had been a young girl who had her heart broken into pieces by this jerk, pushing her towards a bad ending in this terrible story. If she were still here, this would hurt her deeply. Perhaps she would cry, and beg him to care for her.