"All you Valyrians would say that." He teased with a smile, leaning forward on his elbows. "The Summer Isles is the beautifulest place within the Known World; full of Goldenheart trees, spotten panthers, and the ripest fruit to eat. It lives for colour, breaths it into everything it knows." Rhaenar was hooked, her own imagination barely giving it the justice it deserves. "Braavos, is different. It may not breath colour but look at the people around you; it embraces its differences whereas the Summer Isles wishes to close it off."

She raised a brow in question. "What makes you say that?"

"We have the finest wood, but we choose not to trade it. We've mapped parts of Sothoryos, but choose not to share it." He muttered sadly, as though that was a great fault of his own. "I once spoke against the Princesses of the Islands, told them we should trade our goods, raise to the same influence as Westeros and Braavos has, and in return they exiled me."

"Why?" Malthar sat back, a look of instant relaxation on his face as his dark eyes took in her features; curiosity splashed across her face.

"Because no one wants to hear the truth. They were angry after the Slaver's War, and rightly so, but now is our time to heal. To make the Summer Isles a place of power, of importance." A grin remained on his lips, one that suited him immensely. "Imagine having the only resource of something in the world, having an abundance that could not solely be consumed by the inhabitants of the island; and rather than trade it, you keep it because it's yours." That was a stupid mistake for someone to make, why not share what you have and benefit your people. "So I left, and in return they exiled me. Now I fight here, for the Golden Company as a commander. People listen to me here."

"Do you miss it?" Rhaenar asked, knowing she would easily miss her home. She did at times miss her home, but she couldn't imagine the pain she would feel if she could never return. Part of her would be cut forever.

"Every day." His hand swiped the scruff of his golden beard, small shimmering specs sticking to the flesh. "But I have found love here, and they keep me amused. I bet you have some stories too." Rhae smiled, happy for him.

She nodded. Vaes Dothrak, Pentos, Braavos, Qarth; they all held stories for her. "Of course, I'll tell you some of them one day."

He smiled. "I'd like that."

"Are you competing today? Harry said his commanders could if they wanted to." She questioned.

Malthar nodded, a wide smile stretching on his lips. "They couldn't keep me back if they tried." She laughed, throwing her head back. "I look forward to becoming a member of your Queensguard when I win."